Hip Pain

Options
Looking for suggestions on how to get hip pain relief. Have had the pain for years due to my age, being on my feet during the day and running on a treadmill 5 days a week. Some days are worse than others.

I take Osteo-BiFlex each day but does not seem to help much.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Replies

• blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Try rubbing in Emu Oil or Magnesium oil. Epsom salt in a warm bath sometimes helps.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Have to be blunt and completely honest, but I think your first step would be getting a proper diagnosis from a Dr. There are so many things it could be that none of us can give you the "right" answers
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I agree with Valerie, see a doctor first. It could be some type of inflammation and require a short dose of anti-inflammatories to clear it up.

Or it could also just be something with hip flexors/ a mobility issue. I was having some hip trouble and started foam rolling my hamstrings, glutes, IT band, and piriformis. That, along with some mobility work, fixed my issues.
  • Metermandj
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback

I have my yearly physical set for April. I will see what Doc says.
  • dstromley1
    dstromley1 Posts: 165
    Options
    chiropractor and foam rolling, maybe even try a inversion table,
  • melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    have you been fitted for shoes yet?? that would be my best idea, lol! hope you figure something out!
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have had chronic hip pain in one of my hips and seeing the chiropractor was like a miracle cure. I recommend seeing your doctor and a chiropractor.