Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

About to buy a Fitbit... help??

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Buy one. I got 3. One for me, one for son & one for someone on here..... fitbit replaced my one with a free one so hubby took my old one.

We all love them. Best motivator out there.

Well worth the money...and don't let ANYONE tell you it's a glorified pedometer.

The new one coming out wont let you know details as you go along.... not as good as far as I can see. I like knowing how far off my 20k in steps I am rather than have to rely on some lights on a wristband.
  • Gpearre76
    Gpearre76 Posts: 1 Member
    I have the Zip. Works nice. Much better build than other pedometers that I've had. BUT, I don't believe it gives you any advantage in terms of losing weight. If you want to keep track of your steps, this does great. You aren't going to lose 10 pounds because you bought it.
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    I love my Fitbit one. Find myself walking in circles sometimes to get my 10,000 steps in on my off-days... :)
  • LollypopGinger
    LollypopGinger Posts: 21 Member
    I've had my fitbit for about 9 months now and I feel like I am missing a limb if I ever forget it! I am always choosing to use the stairs, walk the longer route, or even just walk up and down my kitchen while cooking to get more steps in - even if I'm already over my goal!

I also agree with it being good to measure your TDEE - MFP says I need to eat 1240 calories to lose 2lbs but according to fitbit I should be eating around 1600 - that's a big difference!

I recently convinced my manager to buy one and she is just as addicted as me. She lost hers while on holiday and customer services had a new one delivered to her within a couple of days of returning home free of charge.
  • Jaikagen
    Jaikagen Posts: 32 Member
    As far as i can see the Flex can link to my S3 and i can see the info on there when i would want too, and it has little LED lights to show your progress, the bar will fill up. The only downside is it doesnt have ability to track stairs etc, but i can live without that i think
  • fjc1968
    fjc1968 Posts: 26
    I love mine, started with the ultra and upgraded to the one at Christmas. My husband was using my old ultra until it cracked, but it has been replaced free of charge by Fitbit, even though it was almost 12 months old. There customer service is absolutely brilliant.

It does motivate you to move more, especially when you are only 2000 steps from your next badge, many a time I've been jogging on the spot in the kitchen at 11.45pm to meet my daily target x
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    bump im interested :) dont have one though, OP let us know if your happy with it.
  • Louttie
    Louttie Posts: 138 Member
    Its being posted today so as soon as it comes i will let you know how im getting on!! Got the burgundy one, love that colour!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    I am waiting on the Flex as i want one that also tracks sleep as i have huge problems sleeping.

The fitbit One already tracks sleep.

To the OP, I love my fitbit, been using it for around 8 months (I had a fitbit Ultra before the One came out then upgraded at Christmas). It has definitely helped increase my activity levels and I love having a good idea of my TDEE so I know I can balance my eating with my energy expenditure and lose/gain/maintain my weight accordingly.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Also, there is a fitbit users group here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

That has a lot of members.
  • sniper37
    sniper37 Posts: 1 Member
    I have one. Very pleased. Now that I figured it syncs with this site it's even better. Looking forward to the wristband coming out soon.

AL
  • Louttie
    Thanks for sharing that group.. guess i can join now im a fellow Fitbit owner. Like you i also like the idea of having a good idea of my TDEE.. im not looking for a miracle fix just something to keep me on track and give me a better understanding of my body needs!
  • Louttie
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    wow i just had a look at the site and i want a flex! so badly shame it doesnt come out till autumn.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Does the Fitbit Zip work just as well as the Fitbit One??

I had the zip and now I have the one. And when the bracelet comes out I will prolly buy that too, the only difference I saw between the zip and the one is that the one can record sleep by pressing and holding the button to turn on the timer.. It comes with a wristband that supposed to help shoe how many times you were awoken. Otherwise practically the same thing.
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Its a cool little gimmick. Over priced. The novelty wears off in a few weeks, Get a HRM. Way more accurate
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    I've had mine almost a year and love it, waiting till June though to buy my next one when The Flex comes out as I travel a lot in the summer and want to be able to sync to my phone.
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    I bought a Fitbit One at the beginning of February and I love it. I find it really encourages me to move and get my step and stair badges each day and I love the way it syncs with MFP. I have a much better idea of what I'm really burning each day and I love that I can wear it in the middle of my bra (don't even notice it's there) and not clipped to my pants like I did my old pedometer (which would come loose and move and not calculate properly). I also love the sleep feature and how I can track the effects of when I go to bed and what I eat. Have learned that I can't have any caffeine within 5 hours of going to bed or I'm both up later *and* I have a really crappy sleep.
  • MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Fitbit ultra also comes with a wrist band for sleeping and you can hide it on your bra during the day or on a clip that fits on your pants.If the flex only stays on your wrist then it a bit harder to hide what you are trying to accomplish. I love mine and customer service to Canada is awsome. thought I did not get a clip for my pants with it and emailed customer service and they sent me a clip for free. Fitbit is not for eveyone but I like seeing all my info on the screen. I love the fact that it syncs to MFP.
    I am waiting on the Flex as i want one that also tracks sleep as i have huge problems sleeping.
  • yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Does the Fitbit Zip work just as well as the Fitbit One??

My husband has the Zip and I have the One. We both like mine better because it counts the floors you do (important if you do stairs as a form of exercise). The One also will do your sleep, and since I have a problem with sleep apnea and can't wear a cpap do to other health reasons, the One does a nice job of telling me how well I sleep each night.

I love having it because it forces me to walk more to get my 10k steps a day. I am sick today and am not even close and it is sad, but understandable. I recommend spending the extra dollars and getting the One.