I get so squishy after cardio?

Options
Ugh.......my love handles are just sticking out...I stopped doing cardio for 3 weeks I just did Ballet Beautiful and my stomach was just flat! Completely flat! Then when I do cardio and get squishy and bloat.......Btw I am doing Jillian Michaels' Killer Buns and Thighs at the moment and that has cardio. It is hard but gosh why do I get SO squishy?! I mean I run so much better and faster now that I've done it for a few days but I'm so squishy. :/ I don't have money so I can't go to the gym to do weight training. I have a pair of 6 lb dumbbells though. Can someone explain this to me, because I have read several other posts about how they have gotten skinny-fat from doing cardio

Replies

• SeahorseDolphin
    Options
    Water? Bloating? I'm not exactly sure what you're describing but if you're continuing to be active and get healthier does it matter? Also If you were so happy with your previous results, why change it up?
  • Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I occasionally will get bloated in my midsection after an intense cardio session - then again, my water intake beforehand and during was very poor. If I remember correctly, it has something to do with water retention and the fact that your body has just had a shock to the system, which makes sense if you stopped doing cardio for 3 weeks. Your body probably needs to get used to all of it again.

Try just consuming more water earlier in the day, during if you can, and of course after. When I'm at that bloated point, I just incorporate more water, as I've lost so much. Usually I'll wake up the next day and everything is back to normal!
  • Taybaybay5212
    Options
    I've been drinking a lot more water lately. But plain water is boring. Try adding crystal light mixes into it. Only 10 calories and taste great! Makes drinking water easier. Also, try to drink more water as you are working out to stay hydrated. Hope this helps.