Need breakfast ideas PLEASE

Options

Replies

• akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I second the egg muffins. I brown up some turkey sausage and put the crumbles in the tin and then pour the egg on top. Bake as directed in the other post. My favorite to eat it is warm with toast, but my husband usually throws his on an english muffin to go. I make them every weekend to feed us all week.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If I don't have time in the morning I just take my breakfast to work. I will measure out my oatmeal and put it in a mug, when I get to work I add the water and microwave. I also like the smoothie idea. Plus boiled eggs are great with any kind of fruit, apples, bananas even grapefruit. Also premade pb & j's are great for on the go.
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i make bacon egg and cheese sandwiches in the morning. i start the electric skillet in the morning and while its heating up i go and do a few things to get ready and then i come out and fry up my turkey bacon and my egg and a half a slice of american cheese and english muffin i throw it all together in foil and off i go. i eat it at work. it really doesnt take that much time at all and it keeps me full all morning long.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Quick, easy and on the go?

Protein bar (You don't need the mega meal replacement ones that are 400+ calories. There are plenty of viable options in the 180-200 calorie, 15-18g of protein range)
    Quick-cooking oats (only takes 2 minutes in the microwave)
    Pre-make a PB&J the night before
    Bowl of cold cereal with a splash of milk
    Vitalicious (makers of the fantabulous vita-tops) makes an egg-mcmuffin that you can microwave

And there's nothing that says what you eat has to be a breakfast food for breakfast. Have left overs from the night before? Eat them for breakfast! I've done it, I'm sure others have too.

I'm sure there's more. Just need to think on it.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I don't get up nearly as early as you do and my commute is only 35 mins but I'm always in a hurry, mostly because that 10-15 mins of sleep is much more imprtant than getting up early enough to fix breakfast!

I usually take a peeled banana with me, or a baggie full of grapes. I tried a sliced apple, but it upsets my stomach in the morning.

My other staples:
    - peanut butter and banana sandwich
    - Emerald Breakfast On the Go - single serving, like a trail mix
    - breakfast quiche - they last a whole week in the fridge and are a cinch to heat up in the microwave and take along
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/711823-breakfast-quiche-muffins-74-calories-each?hl=breakfast+quiche
    - protein bar - 10-12 grams of protein and somewhere around 200 cals (Zone, Special K, Luna)
    - breakfast burritos you make ahead
    - Pnaera grilled banana sandwich
    https://mypanera.panerabread.com/recipes/recipe/grilled-banana-sandwiches/
    (I've whittled it down to 1/3 banana, 1 TBS peanut butter, 1 TBS whipped cream cheese, and 1 tsp honey, spread it on bread and toast)
  • Narla444
    Narla444 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like the egg muffins as well. I make mine with lots of broccoli and a little bacon and cheese.
    I'll make up a dozen or so on the weekend and then freeze most of them.
  • JILLCLI4D
    JILLCLI4D Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    QUICHE!!! It's cheap and easy. You can put anything in it. It's healthy. You can eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. (Which I have, in the same day). It's delicious! You can make it the night before, and it keeps all week in the fridge.

Base quiche: 7 large eggs and 1/4 C whatever milk you want... I use skim. I also use the roll out GENERIC pie crusts- two in a box. That's it for the base!!! Add pieces of ham and broccoli, cheese, sausage, onions, peppers, whatever you want. Bake at 360 degrees for 45min-1 hr. Stick a knife in it, if it pulls out "clean", its done.

Base quiche+ taco beef and cheese. Add light sour cream OR nonfat GREEK yogurt (because it tastes the same) and salsa. Ta-da! You can make 2 quiches for less than $6, depending on your ingredients (obviously beef is more expensive).
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I second the above poster. Every Sunday afternoon/evening, I make a crustless egg-white quiche with varying vegetables (my favorite is spinach and mushroom). The Monday serving just goes in the fridge but the rest go in the freezer. I can just quickly zap them in the microwave in the morning.
    http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-garlic-mushroom-spinach-frittata/

Sometimes I'll also do refrigerator oatmeal. There's a website with tons of flavors and they can be eaten in the car. http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • JILLCLI4D
    JILLCLI4D Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can do crust or crustless, too.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the nature of your job is, but I usually just pack my breakfast to eat at work. This can be done the night before when you pack your lunch. On days when I feel like I need something during the commute, I eat 1/2 a protein bar to take the edge off, then have breakfast at work a little later.

My favorite bars - Oatmega by Boundless Nutrition.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I made breakfast burritos and froze them. 2 mins in the microwave and they're good to go- you can pop one in before you start brushing your teeth. I made mine with scrambled eggs, salsa, ground turkey, red peppers, shredded cheddar and hash browns, about 1/2 cup of the mixture on 6" tortillas for about 200 calories each. They're very filling and they've got to be healthier than the pre-made ones you can buy in the store.
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    Protein Shake and a piece of Fruit.

I eat the Fruit on the way to work, then the shake at work. I too, don't have lots of time in the morning as I love to sleep! :happy:
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are great options and you can include greens in with your fruit and protein but also I wasn't feeling up to a "cold" smoothie on a road trip not long ago, so I took the "recipe" for my normal oatmeal with protein powder, apple and puree'd that with some almond milk. I put in 1/2-1 cup of almond milk (warmed), 1 pkg of weight control oatmeal, 1/2 medium apple (diced), 1/2 scoop of hemp protein powder, 1 TBSP raw almond butter and some cinnamon. It was quite nice and feeling.

You could also do a wrap with eggs, a little cheese and veggies the night before or on the weekend and just nuke it quick as you go out the door.
  • fatpanda96
    Options
    A smoothie and maybe some toast would be good for on the road. I like to have yogurt mixed with cereal when I have to leave early.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Over the weekend, may egg muffins. Put your favorite omelet fillings into muffin cups, add eggs (or egg beaters), and bake at 350 until a knife comes out clean. You can refrigerate/freeze them and pop one in the microwave each morning.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I made breakfast burritos ahead of time, like 2 weeks worth on a Sunday afternoon. Then just keep them frozen. Pop in them in the microwave for 3 minutes, and you're ready to go. I eat mine at work, but you could put it in your microwave while you get ready and then eat it in the car.
  • chrislynn_marie
    chrislynn_marie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Things you could make ahead like hard boiled eggs, baked oatmeal. Or you can even make a batch of over-night oatmeal in a crock pot.

Fruit and veggie smoothies or oatmeal smoothies. I love my Magic Bullet. Instant oatmeal. Protein shake. Fruit -- the best fast food there is.
  • dazzo62
    dazzo62 Posts: 78
    Options
    Microve:
    1 pckt unsweetened instant oatmeal

in 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk 3 mins
    with 1 tbsp raisins
    1/2 tsp cinnamon,

add sweetener, 1 tbsp walnuts = 200 calories

or 1 KIND bar+ 1 banana= maximum 300 calories
  • JenniJen26
    Options
    Ziploc Omelets are awesome. You take a sandwich/quart sized Ziploc baggie put an egg or two in there, add your favorite omelet ingredients. When your alarm goes off in the morning, boil the water while you're getting ready drop your baggie in the water for 10-15 minutes, slide it out onto a piece of toast or into a wrap and eat on the go.
  • JenniJen26
    Options
    Over the weekend, may egg muffins. Put your favorite omelet fillings into muffin cups, add eggs (or egg beaters), and bake at 350 until a knife comes out clean. You can refrigerate/freeze them and pop one in the microwave each morning.

This is an AMAZING idea!! Thank you!