In 9 wks I have lost the equivalent of my almost 3 yr old

Options
Darmanin
Darmanin Posts: 75 Member
Little mini goal reached.

YAY exciting day for me. :-) My youngest will be 3 in May and she weighs 15.2 kilos. And this morning my weigh in came up with a great result.

In 9 weeks I have lost the equivalent of her. :-) going to Make such a difference when carrying her now.

For those who don't do kilos, it's around 33 pounds.

:-)

Replies

• AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    great work!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Appletree5
    Options
    Brilliant - well done x
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    thats some serious progress in just 9 weeks - good for you!
  • Darmanin
    Options
    Thank you. I would like to loose 40 kilos by the end of the year .... to have 25 more to go.

Then if I'm ahead, can make a start on the 2014 total of another 24 kilos to loose.
  • bclever13
    bclever13 Posts: 44
    Options
    Woo hoo...hats off to you
  • fitforthedream
    Options
    :happy: Wow those are awesome results!!! Congratulations to you!!!! Please tell me what you are doing to make that happen. I started on February 1 and have only lost 7 pounds. I'd like to see bigger results in March. Any pointers or tips???
  • Thatsdatdiva601
    Thatsdatdiva601 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Niceeee! Keep up the good work!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Fabulous result!! Well done!!
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • Thatslimgal84
    Options
    well done!
  • Darmanin
    Options
    :happy: Wow those are awesome results!!! Congratulations to you!!!! Please tell me what you are doing to make that happen. I started on February 1 and have only lost 7 pounds. I'd like to see bigger results in March. Any pointers or tips???

Nothing out of the ordinary. I spent years making half hearted attempts, that just ended in me putting on more weight. And it has all come down to doing what they have said all along. Eating healthy and exercising regularly. I have managed to stick to my calorie goal since the 1st Jan or even be under. Cut out most of the junk, no soft drink or chocolate. I make 'pita bread chips' to replace the fatty salty kind from the supermarket. (use thin pita bread, pull apart in 2 halves. use a tiny amount of butter and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning, or any other kind you like. Then bake in the oven until crunchy. Then just break them into smaller pieces. This still gives the chip like crunch but without the extra calories) Really just making sure I eat less each meal.

I do 30 to 90 mins of exercise 6 days a week. Most of the exercise has been getting off the train a stop earlier and walking into work each day (about a 2.5 km walk)

I purchased a stationary bike for home and use this about twice a week after the kids go to bed. I walk for an hour on thursday and sunday nights with a couple of friends once the kids are in bed.

I use the app "workout trainer" on my phone to do other exercises a couple of times a week. I have found this one to be good to keep me going and not stopping 'when I've had enough' :-) :-)

Still a VERY long way to go. I guess some of my quick sucess can be put down to the fact that I'm a WHOLE other person over weight and even the smallest change to diet and exercise was going to help. I am sure as time goes on and I get closer to my goal things will slow down a lot. But for now I'll be happy to make the 20 kilos in 3 months. I have 4.8 kilos to loose in 27 days to make that target. :-)

Thanx for all your replies everyone :-)
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is a huge accomplishment!
  • brilynn79
    brilynn79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What a tangible result! Every time you pick your little darling up you are reminded how much you have accomplished!
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Nice effort! Keep it up and soon you will have lost your 3yr old and mine!
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    15 kg is an exceptional number for only 9 weeks.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Great way to think of it!

Also, that is some excellent progress! 90 minutes of exercise in a day is no joke!
  • wedow123
    wedow123 Posts: 1
    Options
    Fantastic! Then you'll never need to hide behind your children in photos anymore! Keep up the good work!
  • sebersbe
    sebersbe Posts: 3
    Options
    GOOD JOB......KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!