NEED OPINIONS

Options
I am looking to get one of those watches that counts calories/heart rate .. etc ... any suggestions ??

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Fitbit. I feel that it is by its nature more accurate than a heart rate monitor. It's also less obtrusive.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    an HRM
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I like the Fitbit and wear mine everyday all day, but it does not monitor heart rate. I am now looking for a HRM to wear when I am exercising. I hear Polar is one of the best.
  • wbfd22
    wbfd22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar Heart Rate Monitor and I LOVE IT!! Tracks Heart Rate (in beats & percentage of max), Calories Burned, BMI and more things I can't even remember. My gym has equipment that is hooked up to the polar system, so when I'm there I don't even have to wear my watch, just my band and I can keep track on the screen.
  • TerranFla1
    Options
    My wife and I have Timex. Very low cost, effective and easy to operate. We ordered from Amazon but you can also get them at any sports store, most Walmarts, Targets, etc.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    If you do outdoor exercise and want to use something that will help you train as well, the garmin gps watches with HRM are pretty fun little toys.
  • jrmartinezb
    jrmartinezb Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have the most basic of the Polar models. It's one of the chest strap thingies. I chose it for price. It only measures heart rate and saves one workout.

While a more advanced gadget would certainly be nice, I use my phone to track speed and routes when running outdoors, and I use online calculators to figure out calories burned.
  • diana_paff
    diana_paff Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone!