5'2 ladies what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    My current weight at 5'2 is 135lbs
    I'm finding that at this weight i'm carrying a lot of weight in my face and belly/hips area. (I was always used to being more like 110ish so 135 is a big difference for me) Now, I don't really have a goal weight in mind exactly, maybe 120-125. My goal is to be strong, and able to run for at least 30 minutes without wanting to die. We'll see where that gets me weight wise!
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
  • hmrtym
    hmrtym Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think it would be wise to have a body composition done. When I did that, it showed me that, minus the fat (and there is a lot of it), my body currently weighs 130lbs (bones, muscle, etc). That has given me more insight into what I want to get to! Of course, seeing that there is no way the BMI # is right for me!
  • LuckyDucky73
    Options
    My goal 145 . I have been heavy most of my life, but I've gotten down to 145 . I thought I looked healthy , fit ,and proportionate.
  • jamieeas
    jamieeas Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my original goal was 120, but I've since started doing a lot of strength training. I love nerdfitness.com and I would be perfectly happy to look like Staci
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
    who weighs in at 142 with very little body fat. Rather than focusing on a goal weight, I'm now focusing on a body fat % lower than 18. I used to be a scale-obsessed girl, but now I only weigh when I go to the doctor (every few months since I am a type 2 diabetic - but I'm working on reversing that as well). Good luck!!
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think about 115 - 120 . I am currently about 121 and because I am in a biggest loser contest will continue to lose this month. Will I remain at that weight? It's hard for me to maintain anything less than 120. I don't want to have to work out 2 hours a day and eat 1500 calories a day for the rest of my life. I prefer to do everything in moderation. Perhaps 30 minutes a day of exercise and 1500 calories most days with Ice Cream Sundaes once a week!!!!
  • w107ejc
    w107ejc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal is 130. About 11 pounds to go..
  • dowesney
    dowesney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and aiming for around 118-120. Right now I am about 130 and I started our close to 140.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Where ever it falls with me around 20% BF.
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    120 to 125, per my Dr.

I got down to 130 lbs once and remember feeling like I still could've lost a bit more.
  • tikka16
    tikka16 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'1 and i currently weight 135lbs, my ideal weight would be 120-125. My measurements are 36-38-40 and i would like to be 34-24-34. I would like to get to this goal in two months.
  • laceymcmath
    Options
    I am 5' 1-1/2" (when you're this short you have to claim that half inch, haha). Started at 152 feeling very fat. I am currently at 142 and my "initial" goal is 130. I say "initial" because for now that's what I'm aiming for... depending on how I feel at that point, I may go on and try to get down to 125 or even 120.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, I started at 276, and my current goal weight is 150, although that will technically still be in the overweight category. My ultimate goal weight is 130, and I really don't have any desire to go lower than that, but I'd most likely be perfectly happy at 150, since that is not a weight I have seen since I was 12 years old. lol..
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" - I say just take it like 5lbs at a time when you get to the lower weights. I went down 5 at a time and just noted how I felt energy wise, and how I felt about how I looked. I got to 128 and when looked in the mirror, my rib was showing a little. I put on a few more pounds and decided I felt most comfy between 133 and 138. I'm a little over that right now, but it's my comfort zone.

Just listen to your body, you'll find your threshold and comfort zones.
  • kristynamanda31
    kristynamanda31 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Originally my goal weight was 110, then it went to 115 and now its 120-125. I'm 5'3 and 22. In high school I got down to 113 from about 135 and I was just thin. No muscle tone whatsover. I remember I still wasn't satisfied with myself. I wasn't very healthy. This time around I have muscle for the first time in my life and i love it! I'm 135 now but still have some fat to lose.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if we are ever really happy. I am 5'2" and weigh now at 128. I made it down to 124 but found that very difficult to maintain. I argue with 4 or 5 pounds constantly. I currently have my goal set at 125.

However, I think would love to be at 120 or so, at least I think I might look better. I just am not sure it is realistic. I am 60+ and have various bone and joint problems which prohibit me from doing the heavy exercise I would love to do to build more muscle mass which would help me look better at a higher weight, maybe.
  • Nimadi486
    Nimadi486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at 122 for the longest time. My original goal weight was 115, but I think I'm going to aim for 118 instead.
  • kaltey
    kaltey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I'm currently stuck at 110 and have been for the past month or so. I'm hoping to end up at 108, but I know it will come with time and have started to focus on weights and trying to build muscle a couple days a week.
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" 148lbs right now. My goal weight is 125-130lbs. That's what I used to be before I had kids.
  • creamyjalapeno
    creamyjalapeno Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    First goal of 150. I have a ton of muscle compared to a lot of ladies my height (confirmed by DEXA scan), so I have to aim a bit higher if I don't want to lose muscle. I'm thinking 140 will be my ultimate goal.