Do you do anything else with c25k?

Options
I want to start this when it warms up, unfortunately I live in Wisconsin where our 2 seasons are "yesterday and today" so who knows when that will be. I've considered starting up TurboFire, Insanity or Body Revolution but I may not finish before it does warm up. So what are the odds I would be able to do both, or is that just too much? I really like being active now that I have changed my lifestyle. I prefer to play active Kinect games rather than to sit and play WoW like I use to lol. I lost 16 inches and 6 pounds during 30 Day Shred and really want to keep that up. I'd like to go from 231 to 199 by the middle of July when my mom is here for her visit.

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    As couch 25k is cardio, you would be best doing weight traing on the I between days, not more cardio. If you wanted a DVD you should look atbP90x and Chalean Extreme. If not, you could do heavy lifting. Do a search for lifting heavy and you'll find lots of advice.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    As couch 25k is cardio, you would be best doing weight traing on the I between days, not more cardio. If you wanted a DVD you should look atbP90x and Chalean Extreme. If not, you could do heavy lifting. Do a search for lifting heavy and you'll find lots of advice.
    this. or core strength & flexability stuff. and some upper body work.
    exercise is like eating. you need the right balance from all the groups.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I would love to do Chalean Extreme but I don't have the cash to put down for that right now. I can borrow TurboFire, Insanity, BOdy REvolution or P90X from a friend. But I don't have a chin up bar and she doesn't have hers anymore so that puts P90X out. I also don't have a gym in my town to be able to do heavy lifting. I have 3 lb dumb bells and a resistance band lol.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    there's a lot you can do for free and with little.
    press ups, sit ups, squats, planks, etc.
    even small weights will help.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I would love to do Chalean Extreme but I don't have the cash to put down for that right now. I can borrow TurboFire, Insanity, BOdy REvolution or P90X from a friend. But I don't have a chin up bar and she doesn't have hers anymore so that puts P90X out. I also don't have a gym in my town to be able to do heavy lifting. I have 3 lb dumb bells and a resistance band lol.

I don't know but I presume you can modify the exercises you need the bar for. If you haven't equipment then look atb'yku are your own gym' book and app. I've not used it but if you do a search here you'll find lots of opinions from people who have.
  • HealthyNowForever
    HealthyNowForever Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't know the schedule for C25K, but I when I training for a race, I typically run 3 days a week and strength train 3 days a week.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    C25K is a 3x per week training program. You can do whatever you'd like on the other days! I agree, there are tons of body weight exercises you can do that are plenty challenging...squats, lunges, planks, sit-ups, push-ups, tricep dips etc. Mix in some jumping jacks, burpees, jump ropes, running in place and punches to get your heart rate up and you're good to go!
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I do Nike Kinect 5x a week, that does mountain climbers, burpees, squats, lungees, jumps, planks. So that is enough for strength training? I assumed you had to eventually add in heavy lifting.