never too late

Options
Hi, I am 56 and finally regaining my health after finding out a few years ago that my health issues are caused mainly by food allergies. I hope it's not inappropriate to give a plug for the company that helped save my life... I really thought I was dying 3 years ago and today I have the hope of a normal life! Foodallergy.com has tests that use bloodwork to determine your allergies. They're a bit expensive, but my health was well worth it!

Now, about me. I started going to the gym with a friend in October, got my own membership Jan 1 and have been slowly but surely building a gentle routine. I have asthma, so everything I do takes much longer than it would for a normal person in order to avoid having my lungs spasm on me. It helps me avoid taking a ton of meds if I take it slow, and I think that's a fair exchange.

I do have a question. Since I don't fit the general pattern, I was wondering if it's possible to search a list rather than searching exercises by naming them. After all, people could list things differently. I haven't found a way to search the database without using the very limiting add exercise/search by name. Is there another way?

Replies

• eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    caloriecount.about.com

has alot more exercise listed than MFP.

I joined MFP due to a friend being on here and find it much easier to use but for exercise the database at about.com has alot more info.

There are probably other websites also to use that has more? fitcity looks good, and I joined but I can't figure out how to use it.

Good luck!