Words/Phrases you HATE

Options

Replies

• zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    "over exaggerate"

"ATM machine"

obviously, i have issues with redundancy.
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    "Hubby."
    And, on the flip side of that, "wifey."

Hubby doesn't bother me, but Hubs makes me cringe!
  • dorasworld
    dorasworld Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    HUN, HUN, HUN

Some people over use that word!!!!!!! hate it....
  • kchang77
    kchang77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    "Epic"

"You're too skinny"
  • smithntuck
    smithntuck Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    bottom line....my ex husband use to say this all the time, and that's when I knew he had been drinking WAY too much...
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    When people use the term "literally" in the wrong context. ex: When I heard that Derek broke up with Jessica, I literally died!!!

The term "YOLO". I'm fairly certain YOLO was invented by smart people to kill off the idiots.

"Whatever!"

Most text speak. I usually type out things like, imo= in my opinion. Lol, I use, but I prefer "Ha ha ha!"

I also have a cousin that I'm friends with on Facebook. I hate the term "Reading that post gave me cancer!", but in my cousin's case, I'd agree with it. No punctuation, all incorrect spelling for pretty much everything, and it's all in some form of gangster speak that is really hard to decipher... :/
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    When people say "inner-net" when they mean "inTERnet" or "inner-resting" when they mean "inTEResting". "Where you at?" -_-
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    "Fustrated" (hello, there's another "r" in there)
    "Just sayin'"
    "Suppose to" (it's supposed to be supposed)
    "An" (people on Facebook these days are leaving the "d" off "and"! It drives me mad)
    "Drownded" (it's "drowned")
    "Airaplane" (really?)
    "I seen"
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    This one really "grinds my gears" (there is one for you); using the phrase "back slash" to describe a "forward slash".

I am noticing it on commercials that reference various web sites too! The madness has to stop!

/ = Forward Slash

\ = Backslash

Additionally, misusing the word "seen" bothers me.

That is all for now.......
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    "If you can't handle a woman at her worst, you sure as hell don't deserve her at her best."
  • JohnMessmer
    JohnMessmer Posts: 536
    Options
    "No Problem"

When someone says "Thank You" the appropriate response is "You Are Welcome", the inappropriate response is "No Problem". When someone asks for something... "Will you hand me the Bryers All Natural Double Fudge Ice Cream Gallon Canister" the appropriate response is "Yes", or "Certainly", or even "Um, I think you need to reconsider that choice fat *kitten*", the inappropriate response is "No Problem". I am not exactly sure when "No Problem" became a suitable replacement for polite responses, but it does irk me just a bit.
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The word Nosh. It's the reason I can't read celebrity gossip magazines. No, I do not want to know what Jennifer Aniston "noshes" on to stay slim.

^^ YES.

Also, "adorbs" for adorable... wtf? JUST SAY THE FULL WORD.

Moist is definitely on the list.
    Belly.
    HUN.

All ya'll. If you're from the South, fine. But if you are a true blue Yankee, you have no business using the word YA'LL.
    Besties.
  • baksings
    baksings Posts: 11
    Options
    "For a woman your age" I hate it when I hear that out of a doctor's mouth! :-)

Also.....when people put an "R" in Wash. They're gonna warsh their car, hair, clothes, dog, etc.! Or they're gonna go to "Warshington". This is probably a regional (midwest) thing, but it irritates the heck out of me.
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    "Stop fannying about!" This isnt a joke, I genuinely knew a teacher who often used this!
  • kellyr730
    kellyr730 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The word Nosh. It's the reason I can't read celebrity gossip magazines. No, I do not want to know what Jennifer Aniston "noshes" on to stay slim.

^^ YES.

Also, "adorbs" for adorable... wtf? JUST SAY THE FULL WORD.

Moist is definitely on the list.
    Belly.
    HUN.

All ya'll. If you're from the South, fine. But if you are a true blue Yankee, you have no business using the word YA'LL.
    Besties.

Yes - adorbs drives me crazy too! I've noticed people on facebook using "ab" instead of about now too - we aren't gonna have full words anymore!!

And I agree with you on besties too - especially when adults say it!
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Excessive use of ????? or !!!!!

People who use too many just look like they're vying for a job as a tabloid writer.

Lack of punctuation in general is annoying. People using only lowercase letters, including in their own name. Really, how lazy can one be?
  • chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    "K"
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I can't stand when people use the word "Rockstar" completely out of context. For example "You completed your food diary today, you’re a ROCKSTAR!"

I'm so guilty of that. :blushing: I always say rockstar...

Ok, I'll make an exception for you since we both share a hatred for FML

will you make an exception for me since I didn't know, but honestly that's what i love about some people, that they resemble certain ones?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    "Hubby."
    And, on the flip side of that, "wifey."

Hubby doesn't bother me, but Hubs makes me cringe!

what about hubsters and hubbalicious. lol. y'all need to stay out of my FL in that case. so do you prefer S.O. or that bassterd or what?
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Excessive use of ????? or !!!!!

People who use too many just look like they're vying for a job as a tabloid writer.

Lack of punctuation in general is annoying. People using only lowercase letters, including in their own name. Really, how lazy can one be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rd7j-aSqFU