FINISHED 30 Day Shred- looking for next step

Options

Replies

• Evotchka
    Evotchka Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Also, your pics just now showed up and you look AMAZING!!!! Great job!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    One round of The Shred? :noway: :noway: :noway: Wow!! your results are amazing :flowerforyou:

You are just about ripe for Insanity :happy:
  • GonnaBFit2510
    GonnaBFit2510 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow fab results!! I'm on day 15 of 30DS already lost 5.5 inches all over and looking forward to measuring at the end to find out how much more I've lost. I'm thinking about which I'm gonna do next? I bought her box set so have ripped in 30, 6 week 6 pack and no more trouble zones, I'm thinking ripped in 30 and then 6week 6pack as they will take me right up to my holiday in may and hopefully I will then have my beach body :0)
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'd still like to lose about 10 lbs. and get my tummy and thighs tighter

First of all... WOW, did you do 30 day shred just for 30 days or longer? you look incredible!

If you want to tone tummy and thighs, you can try Jillian's Killer Buns and Thighs and 6week6Pack abs, maybe alternating them so you don't get bored :-)
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm currently alternating between Jillian Michael's Killer Abs and Killer Buns and Thighs. The killer ab workout is about 30 minutes and the killer buns and thighs is about 40, so they're longer than the 30 day shred, but I'm like you, I want to focus on the butt/thighs and my abs. They also each have three levels, so I'm probably going to treat them like the 30 day shred and spend ten days on each level before moving up.

They are both great workouts though and I would highly recommend them!
  • Itza85
    Itza85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look great!!! Amazing job girl. I'm on day 6 of the same program. Now I can see that it really works :) On youtube there are many more of her workouts, I would say maybe try a yoga one. Yoga is very good for tonning, and it does make you sweat a lot. I tried a yoga class near my place and it was awesome, felt a lot of muscles (specially abs), worked on the breathing and helps you relax, it was 80 degrees in the studio, that helped to sweat even more. So yeah, I would say yoga :)
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Your results are amazing. Fantastic job!
  • Cyncham
    Cyncham Posts: 39
    Options
    OMGosh, you look awesome! I am on day 6-level 1 & I hope I have great results like you! My stomach looks just like yours in the before starting picture (thank you to my 2 c-sections) so I hope it shows great results too.
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    If you like Jillian, get her book Making the Cut. I'm starting it tomorrow. It's a 30 day program aimed specifically at losing those last 10-20lbs. I tried out the Day 1 workout a couple days ago and it was FIERCE!
  • whitneyas
    whitneyas Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    We are doing Ripped in 30 right now and are enjoying (if that's the right word for Jillian inflicting pain :) ) I am not sure if Shred is easier or harder than Ripped? I definitely notice I am a lot stronger! Your results are amazing!!!!!!
  • klizzybrown
    klizzybrown Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all positive feedback! I started 30DS and did it for a week, then quit for about a month. I picked it up again from the beginning and did what i read Jillian recommends (two days Shred, one day cardio, two days shred, one day cardio, one day rest) I also did a 1300 calorie diet and I have two little boys (so lots of extra activity around there!). I also don't drink any calories (and no soda) except for an occasional chocolate milk (like, once every other week), I limit desserts to three nights a week, and all my snacks are fruits or veggies. For breakfast I religiously eat one or two eggs.

So it actually took me longer than 30 days using the above schedule. My body builds muscle and loses weight fairly easily. I didn't figure out exactly how many calories I was burning; I just logged it as calisthenics for 20 minutes. I had two pretty big babies (about 9 lbs. each at birth) in the past three years, so my abs and stomach were destroyed.

I am 5'9". My before / after measurements are:

weight: 167# / 153#
    waist: 37" / 32.5"
    hip: 43" / 41"
    thigh: 25" / 23"
    arm: 12.5" / 11.75"
    bust: 37" / 34" (I stopped nursing during this period of time)

I'm thinking about doing the six week abs. Insanity still seems a little rough right now, haha. I do like Jillian. Maybe a yoga dvd would be a good change of pace, too.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I ordered the shred, ripped in thirty and a couple of others. How did you measure the calories you burned?
    When I asked, people told me to count it as circuit training. I use 20 minutes for the time as some of it is warm-up and cool down time.
  • Ash_Diya
    Ash_Diya Posts: 36
    Options
    Ohh my God, you look amazing. I am doing Jillian's Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism. I am also trying to eat around 1200 calories. I have a 5 month old baby too, who I am breat feeding. Hope I can look half and good as you. You are a real inspiration.
  • klizzybrown
    Options
    Nurse that baby! It made such a huge difference in helping my body recover from birth.
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am doing her Body Revolution (a friend gave it to me). I just started week one- the exercises are easier than shred, but I am still sore (it is set up to build in intensity slower than shred- it ets much harder with each DVD). It is nice doing different workouts during the week versus the same one over and over (do workout 1&2 a total of 4 times then in next to 3&4) then the same cardio the whole month. I really like it- she shows multiple levels of difficulty and you work with a lot of different sizes of weights. I am not doing her diet because of breastfeeding, but still hope for some good results.
  • hmsamuel
    hmsamuel Posts: 3
    Options
    did you achieve these results in just 30 days?? WOW! I was thinking of getting Jillian's 30 day shred DVD, you definitely sold me! keep up the good work!
  • jcreazy
    jcreazy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Once I finish 30DS, I am going to start 6 week 6 pack and C25K.
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    have you tried Jillians Ripped in 30? I think its a little more advanced than 30DS. Or pretty much any of her dvds are good.

I've heard good things about P90X and Insanity too.
  • klizzybrown
    Options
    I ordered the shred, ripped in thirty and a couple of others. How did you measure the calories you burned?

I didn't, really; I just logged it as calisthenics.
  • krisleut
    krisleut Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just have to say you look amazing! Great job!
    Did you do the 30 day shred for the 30 days or longer?
    CONGRATS