Insanity.

roadchic18
roadchic18 Posts: 128
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm looking for opinions on this program. I've done P90X and I'm wondering how this program compares. Anybody?

Replies

• mkwade7380
    mkwade7380 Posts: 37
    My wife and I started Insanity last week. And so far it is great. i like it because you do not need any of the extra stuff (chin up bar and dumbbells). It uses your entire body. And it has its name for a reason. If you have knee trouble it would not be a good program for you wither because it is intense. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    I'm looking for opinions on this program. I've done P90X and I'm wondering how this program compares. Anybody?
    It is INSANE!! It makes P90X seem simple and I am not kidding! I did my first round of Insanity last fall then I worked the three month P90X series and now I am on my last week of my second round of Insanity! It is the most intense cardio workout that I or others from the Insanity thread (started by ripely36) have ever done. It is not the best workout for knee problem or back problem people! I wish you good times with this workout!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Depends on what you like in my opinion. If you prefer cardio over weight-lifting then Insanity is for you.
  • Doctorcb
    Doctorcb Posts: 31
    Insanity is HARD as HELL! I like weights and cardio so I do P90X
    Gives me a better balanced physique
  • roadchic18
    Thanks for the info. I actually just did the test today, day #1. I think I did okay. Definitely seems intense. I'm looking to burn calories fast, hoping this will do it. Planning to follow the nutrition plan as close as I can also. Hoping for big results.
  • Hey-I just did the test today also! Let's keep it going!
  • kawade80
    kawade80 Posts: 44
    I just did the 2nd fit test today. I was able to do more on all of the moves. And I've almost 6 pounds in the first 2 weeks.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    im sure its a lot harder to dog it on insanity, so if you need discipline and have a hard time investing time and money I think insanity would be the first step - you can always learn weightlifting type exercises afterwards as you build up confidence to invest the time and money into yourself.

as to p90x being simple - some of the workouts INCLUDE over 100 unassisted pullups...and the workouts is only a little over an hour - the thing is that the instructor encourages you to modify the workouts to fit your fitness level. Needless to say most everyone never gets fit enough to actually do the unabridged workout, which is why i say its easier to 'dog' it and not use enough weight etc.
  • kawade...that is awesome-keep it up!
  • roadchic18
    Hey-I just did the test today also! Let's keep it going!

Absolutely! I'm looking forward to the next 60 days. I know it's gonna be tough but that's okay, I need it.
  • roadchic...I did the fit test yesterday and today was plyo cardio circ....that was tough! I didn't feel so bad when I saw some of them in the video taking brakes...I tried so hard to keep up! I can't wait for tomorrow!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Insanity is HARD as HELL! I like weights and cardio so I do P90X
    Gives me a better balanced physique

Which is why I'll be doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid in about 8-9 weeks.

I'm finishing week 5 of my 3rd round of P90X and will start incorporating Insanity workouts (starting tonight with Pure Cardio in place of Kenpo/Cardio X+). I will likely never do a full round of Insanity because I MUST lift heavy weights and I don't want to get that lean/distance runner look (no offense to distance runners).

The P90X cardio workouts aren't enough of a challenge for me anymore so I wanted to step it up a notch with the Insanity cardio type workouts on my non-P90X weight training days.
  • roadchic18
    roadchic...I did the fit test yesterday and today was plyo cardio circ....that was tough! I didn't feel so bad when I saw some of them in the video taking brakes...I tried so hard to keep up! I can't wait for tomorrow!

That's awesome. I can't wait to do the plyo cardio. The plyo was one of my favorites from P90X, although, I have a feeling this will be even harder. Will keep you posted how it goes.
This discussion has been closed.