Zumba calculations?

Options
Does anyone know how to calculate your calories burned during zumba? I can't find it in the database, or what would be close. I want to be as accurate as possible. I worked out for 30 minutes today...Suggestions?

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I suggest a heart rate monitor if you work out often, it has been such a blessing for me!!

I do Zumba 3x/week with 3 different instructors for 60 minutes.

Mondays with Sandy I burn 390-430 calories while giving extra over-the-top effort since I know he calories burns are lower in that class and I want to keep my HR up.

Thursdays with Susana my burn is almost always between 410-450 calories giving 100% effort again.

Fridays with Deanna are so intense and so much fun that I don't try nearly as hard, I just "do". I burn between 500-670 calories. In her class.

That's quite the discrepancy! If I had to generalize, for me (137 lbs, 5'0") I burn about 400 calories per hour in a moderate intensity class (lots of ab work and steps), and up to 600 an hour in a high intensity class (tons of jumping, moving across the room, high knees and stuff).
  • jessicabailey529
    jessicabailey529 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    There's a website that I use, it's caloriesburnedhq.com
  • bluecrush1203
    bluecrush1203 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can search the database for dance or aerobics. The calories per hour for that are pretty similar to what my heart monitor said, around 400/hour.