PraiseMoves

Options
Anyone ever do this? How do you log it? It seemed pretty intense for me and MFP only has yoga as exercise that logs it as a couple hundred calories burned for an hour work.

Replies

• D_Bouch73
    D_Bouch73 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have done yoga & I enjoyed it alot, can't wait to get back to it but it won't be until I get my cast off! 9 more days! I would logged it as strength, hope that helps or that what you where looking for?

Donna
  • nakkeya
    nakkeya Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am a Praise/African Dancer. I just log it under dancing even though it is very energetic! I rather it log too few calories than too many.

Be Blessed
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of PraiseMoves, what is it?
  • phigirl
    phigirl Posts: 3
    Options
    i'm not familiar with PraiseMoves but I have done a lot of different styles of yoga and I can tell you that the calories/intensity/strength building seriously varies across the board.

What is the routine like? Is it a lot of flowing into and out of poses and constant moving? Or is it more of a get into one pose and hold it for a while? What are the poses like? Is it more focused on stretching or building up heart rate or strength?

Probably if you wanted to be really accurate, you'd have to use a heart rate monitor or alternatively, you could go by perceived effort - compare the way you feel to say, whether it's a similar effort to something else that is listed, like running or dancing maybe.

Hope this helps! Sorry it's so vague, but "yoga" is a really broad spectrum.
  • livingnlove
    Options
    Christian alternative to yoga.
  • livingnlove
    Options
    i'm not familiar with PraiseMoves but I have done a lot of different styles of yoga and I can tell you that the calories/intensity/strength building seriously varies across the board.

What is the routine like? Is it a lot of flowing into and out of poses and constant moving? Or is it more of a get into one pose and hold it for a while? What are the poses like? Is it more focused on stretching or building up heart rate or strength?

Probably if you wanted to be really accurate, you'd have to use a heart rate monitor or alternatively, you could go by perceived effort - compare the way you feel to say, whether it's a similar effort to something else that is listed, like running or dancing maybe.

Hope this helps! Sorry it's so vague, but "yoga" is a really broad spectrum.
    Lots of flowing throught the moves with pauses to hold. Very similar to yoga, but a Christian alternative focus on God.