When do you record new weight?

Options

Replies

• aladams83
    aladams83 Posts: 47
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but I record when I see a loss that is consistent for a few days. Major measurement and weight recordings are done monthly though.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Around Wednesday on here. I have an app on my phone where I record it daily to see the trend on the graph so I don't bother MFP friends with my daily weights.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I only record my Saturday morning weight

Me, too. Unless it's up from TOM or something
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I record it the FIRST time I see that new number on the scale... then I don't record again until I see another new number. I don't worry about the fluctuations, I know they're going to happen. I just record the first time I see the number and ignore the scale when it bounces back up a pound or two. The only time I record a gain is if it's an actual gain of weight due to falling off the wagon!
  • taskrzypczak
    taskrzypczak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wednesday is my weigh-in day. I also record my measurements once a month on the first Wednesday of the month.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Typically Monday morning. If it's a new low, I usually don't count it unless it's been at least 2-3 days because of normal fluctuations.
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    OMG THAT REMINDS ME! I should have weighed in yesterday! Crap... Oh well. For me, weekly.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I track each week - up or down - so I can see how it relates to how I ate/exercised (or didn't) that week.
  • eidnahenri2
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday but I record when I see a loss that is consistent for a few days. Major measurement and weight recordings are done monthly though.
    This is what I do, too.
  • Dm3nt3
    Dm3nt3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i check my weight and record my weight every 4 weeks (so every month pretty much)
    that way i can see the progress and feel good about myself and not think that i am not losing any pounds.
  • kxlly
    kxlly Posts: 21
    Options
    Every morning. I like to understand and track my fluctuations.
  • donnadavies72
    donnadavies72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I record right after I stop jumping up and down and squealing.

:laugh: Me too
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh in on wednesday mornings as soon as I get up cuz its midway thru the week. But on wks where I'm out of town on the wk-end or something and not sure how much I burned by just movement instead of regular excercise then I will weigh in after that just to see where i'm at.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I only record my weight when it goes to a new low. Most of the time my weight goes up/down/up/down .... and it's too depressing to record all that.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I always get excited when I see new numbers on the scale, but I never record that day. I always weigh myself in the morning so it's somewhat consistent and before breakfast so it's usually a bit lower, which is a nice ego boost :P

I record my weight change as down by 1 pound if I've been lower than my current weight for at least 3 days, sometimes more if I know I'm going to be eating a lot during a weekend. I usually do just 1 pound a week because my weight can fluctuate so much each day. It's also nice because if I lose more then only record 1 pound, I can go back up without feeling like I gained. Mostly, it's just to record overall progress.

Like now I'm recording I'm at 194, but I've been between 191 and 193 at various times since I last recorded the weight, and assuming I'm lower 193 the next time I record [March 8th] I'll be set.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Wednesday morning after I wake up. Same scale, same time, keep everything as close as possible to stay consistent and see most accurate results.

This! but friday mornings for me
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Once a week, same day, try around the same time under the same conditions

First thing in the AM
    nekked.
    Bowel & bladder relieved.
    Foodless.
    Showerless still.
    In the same room.
    2 days post workout.
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Monday morning when i get up.
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    Once a week. Sunday same time and naked:flowerforyou: . Up or down it is logged. :bigsmile:
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Personally, I understand the fluctuations in weight and don't allow it to get me down... so I like to weigh myself every morning, first thing. However, I usually only log my weight on the site once a week, usually on Fridays. Even if it goes up, I think you get a more accurate tracking of your weight if you're consistent.