starting to burn out.. need NEW friends!

Options
I don't normaly post.. but here is the deal.. I need friends that can motivate me!! I am NOT a perfect person. I see so many perfect people here with there perfect diets and bodies.. that's not me... I want that to be me but until I reach that.. be warned.. I do get frustrated and just need friends to help me through this. I have worked for 5 weeks and am starting to burn out. I had a friend delete me today because I was gone 5 days longest in 5 weeks.. came on and I posted about my *struggles* not complaining just being outright about what I did wrong... I felt horrible already and even more after they deleted me.. I just need support and understanding. I'm not a perfect person at all. But I am a great person and friend and love everyone.

Replies

• wildechild74
    wildechild74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    pick me! pick me!
  • nomesw84
    nomesw84 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm always happy to offer support and won't judge if you slip up, will just be there to pick you up and get you back on the right path again! Feel free to add me :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I can't believe someone deleted you for being away 5 days! So much for support!

I've been doing this for 19 months, but only on MFP for 250 days of it. So I can understand getting fed up sometimes!

I'm by no means perfect, nor do I have a perfect body, so feel free to add me.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. i'm not perfect and i also need friends that motivate. oh and i only delete if you have no activity for 6 months.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been on here for a year and I love it. I too am not a perfect person (who is?) and I like being pals with people who are encouraging and kind but don't preach at me. This is a marathon not a sprint.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me also. I am also not perfect so you can count me for support
  • JULIUSKITTY
    JULIUSKITTY Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    sweet! thank you ladies!! yes she not only deleted me.. but prior to that posted a bashing post about my struggles.. eh its is what it is. Just glad Im not married to her lol!! :)! its a free world and Im a free soul. Just sick of this burned out feeling. I love honesty!! just not someone posting on there profile abut me and not talking to me about it.. then deleting me. I am an open person and even keep my diary open.. although not all my meals are perfect lol! :)
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You need to realize that getting deleted happens. It's happened to me and probably everyone else at least once. They weren't right for you or didn't understand you and it's ok. Just move on down the road.

As for struggles - how would you know the feeling of success if you didn't fail a time or two along the way? Failure is an event - not a person. We all have eaten things we shouldn't have, not worked out like we wanted to, etc., etc. The key is to start each day new with the commitment to do your best!

Good Luck!!
  • Tamtamz76
    Tamtamz76 Posts: 23
    Options
    Geesh. I've had people make those types of threats, 'If you don't log on for X amount of days, I'm deleting you!' Or, 'If you're eating too little/too much/too much junk I'm deleting you!' I actually shut down my old MFP account and started anew without all the added pressure.

I am looking for normal, middle-of-the-road peeps like myself that have a life outside of fitness and exercise (read: other things to do besides comb over diaries and worry about who has or hasn't logged in lol)

Anyway, you can add me (or anyone can for that matter) if you would like.
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    ive been on here for nearly a year now. But im determined to get back into it now after taking a break for the past few months, Could really use supportive and motivational friends on here, and for me to help support and motivate you too!
    Feel free to add me :)
    xo
  • JULIUSKITTY
    Options
    Sweet!! Im adding you ladies! :)
  • JULIUSKITTY
    Options
    Lol!! Im def middle of the road person. I dont mind people eating super healthy! it motivates me and inspires me, but when they treat me bad because I cant keep up its to much. Anyone can add me! even if you are perfect ;) .. just know Im not :)!!
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    AMEN....

I feel the same way 1/2 the time on here. Feel free to add me, guilt works on me ( what works on you) btw....i sometimes dont post on the weekends. ( i try to eat well but do not log everything in my mouth)

feel free to friend me :)
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    YAY add me (yes all of you) I love your attitudes! I know we will get along
  • JULIUSKITTY
    Options
    Thank you!! guy18 very true! love your wisdom!
  • JULIUSKITTY
    Options
    Thank Bl! what works for me? when I fall off mfp .I sometimes log back on and say darn it I did xyz but Im back!! and I come back ready to go harder then before. I also like when people give me advice or ideas or I see what there eating or doing :)
  • brendaholm
    Options
    I am new here but more than happy to do my best to be supportive!

38756409.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I promise I'll never delete you! :p
  • DaisyDi65
    DaisyDi65 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i am the furthest thing from perfect! Feel free to add me - anyone! I like to support others and be supported!
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm perfect, but I also have a reality disorder. :laugh: