Who wears short shorts??

Options
ME!!! Haha! :laugh:

I wore shorts for the first time today since 5th grade!!!! I can't belive it. AND I wore them to the grocery store....around people!! :noway: Better believe it!

I felt great and no one stared at me. My friend yelled at me from across the room "OMG!! You have leg muscles!!!" It was pretty funny. :smile:

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Woot! Good for you!

I still haven't gotten up the courage to wear shorts in public unless I am working out. My legs have always been my most hated body part. They are pasty white, my knee has a bit scar running down it from surgery and I have very large calves and cankles. They are getting thinner, though, so maybe some day....
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    That's awesome!!
  • lstewa2
    lstewa2 Posts: 3
    Options
    Good for you! I am so self conscious, the last time I work shorts i was 15! Maybe by the end of the summer i'll be able to again.
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Options
    LOL....too cute!!! Good for you!!! There's lots of rewards that come with this journey...and you just found 1 of them. Congrats...I know that was an amazing feeling and I'm so happy for you!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!
  • last25
    last25 Posts: 83
    Options
    Yay! Good for you! Keep up the hard work and your next post will be about bikinis :bigsmile:
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    That is so incredibly awesome!! I cannot wait until I feel comfortable wearing shorts!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Woot! Good for you!

I still haven't gotten up the courage to wear shorts in public unless I am working out. My legs have always been my most hated body part. They are pasty white, my knee has a bit scar running down it from surgery and I have very large calves and cankles. They are getting thinner, though, so maybe some day....

Yeah I have that too minus the scar, but also with stretch marks on my calves and a varicose vein on my left leg both of which magically appeared when I was pregnant. But I too now have leg muscles so I grabbed a little tan in a can and said screw it and bought shorts!LOL!
  • JamesLeigh
    Options
    i always have a problem with finding good shorts.. im not a teenager and i dont want to show of my buttchecks.or nor do i want 90 holes in them to look cool. but im not an old lady so i dont want these huge baggy long things with a stretch waste.. Just a normal im not a slut length would be great! So now that you have joined the others who wear shorts beware good ones are hard to find.. Other than that.. GOOD JOB :)
  • evanbeek
    evanbeek Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's great to get back to the point where you can do something that you used to enjoy. : ) I actually spent the entire weekend two weeks ago shirtless in the sun and was completely comfortable with it because there wasn't anything "hanging". It was all nice and firm It's been years since I've done that.

Btw.. short shorts on girls are all kinds of sexy. : p
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!