Weightloss commercials you REALLY hate.

Options
NYCNika
NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
For me it is lipozene. They are advertising it like crazy, and the wording, it is just like nails against the calk board to me.

"Researchers has now discovered a capsule". I have that image, they are wondering through the rainforest, and there is a tree with capsules growing on them, and they go "We wonder what it does?"

And "it is only for those who seriously want to loose weight". Oh, come on! It should be criminal to target people who are mentally feeble enough to fall for that one.

Replies

• Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Patsy Kensit on the Weight Watchers advert....they show her before photo's and she's lovely and slim.
    They show her today and she's still lovely and slim...

That's silly I thought...what the heck did she want to lose weight for when she already was so slim [nothing against that...maybe she did have a pound or two to lose so good for her ] but surely not the best candidate for a WW campaign.

Give us a slightly podgy Gregg Wallace before and a slimline version after and I'm sold on it!
    [Sorry Gregg! Love him really]

PK makes no mention of losing weight in the advert or of feeling podgy or having any weight having crept up or to lose at all...she just glides in front of the camera saying

"I wanted to get my confidence back"

Maybe they could rename Weght Watchers "Confidence Boosters"
    You might not lose any weight there but you'll end up being so confident that you wont give a hoot if your ar*e is bursting out the back of your trousers.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Yep, lipozene.

"Are you...overweight?" I love how she just says it so gingerly too, like we have cancer or something.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    All of them
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    The WW commercial where Jessica Simpson announces she's pregnant.
    Shut up Jessica.
    I don't think there exists a more annoying "celebrity".
  • determined136
    Options
    I hate them all.....you should not have to pay to lose weight but it is a billion dollar a year business because people want the quick fix...HINT... no quick fix ~ just bust your tush
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    The WW commercial where Jessica Simpson announces she's pregnant.
    Shut up Jessica.
    I don't think there exists a more annoying "celebrity".
    ^^agree
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I HATE that one too, especially when the woman says 'You really can't do this on your own'! I want to punch her. lol
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    The Atkins commercial with Sharon Ozbourne.

I actually like her a lot, I think she is a sweet lady. But, the Atkins commercial with her drives me nuts.

Also, Jarrod commercials from Subway! Enough already!
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Shake shake shake

Shake shake shake

Shake your Sensa

I just wanna shake my booty. Why do they have to ruin that for me?
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Shake shake shake
    using
    Shake shake shake

Shake your Sensa

This one is the worst! Also any of them where they have people who say I lost "x amount" using "x". In my head I'm always thinking "I lost 109 and it didn't cost me a freaking penny!".
  • kaitgettingfit
    Options
    Sensa. Watching them shake that crap all over their hot dogs and pizza slices.
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't watch tv, but I've seen ads that has something to do with "My Shape" jeans or something. Every single girl pictured is practically a size 0 and gorgeous! I don't mind the gorgeous so much, but women come in all different shapes and sizes, I mean, come on people!
  • theshow4jsu
    theshow4jsu Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Shake shake shake

Shake shake shake

Shake your Sensa

^^^This. I hate the Sensa commercial. I'm currently working on some weight loss pills. Its magical, 100% guaranteed to work. Its a tandem medicine one pill is Stopeatingsomuchazene and the second one which is really the magic pill: Workoutitrol. These work 60% of the time, every time.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Marie Osmond and her plastic surgery face for Nutrisystem. Yeah, you can lose weight eating nothing but freeze-dried TV dinners, but you don't need to pay Nutrisystem for that when WalMart has Lean Cuisines...SAME THING, FOOLS!

Also, not a "weight loss" commercial, per se, but I can't be the only one who thinks Tracy Anderson looks like a flopping uncoordinated fish out of water when she does her "workouts." Homegirl is flailing all over the place.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Sensa makes me want to bang my head against a brick wall.
  • Freemyskinny
    Options
    Shake shake shake

Shake shake shake

Shake your Sensa

^^^This. I hate the Sensa commercial. I'm currently working on some weight loss pills. Its magical, 100% guaranteed to work. Its a tandem medicine one pill is Stopeatingsomuchazene and the second one which is really the magic pill: Workoutitrol. These work 60% of the time, every time.
    ^^bump^^ this is makin' my dull night better. haha.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Sensa. It's obviously a scam. There's no way you can eat junk food and lose weight by sprinkling powder over it. Not buying it.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    :angry: :grumble: :noway:

Those sickening "flat stomach" and "belly fat" and "X foods you should NEVER eat" ads that leer at me from all over the internet

:mad: :explode: :mad:
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Those pointless fitness equipment ads (shake weight, ab roller) you know those models don't use the product and got fit the "harder" way or are just models. And you know the fat people who Buy the product will end up with it on their shelf or in their basement untouched. Blahhhhhh
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    All of them.