Binge and calories the next day

Options
Hi everyone, I apologize if this has been asked before but if I had a bad day (or two) and binged (as an example, we'll say upwards of 3500 calories) should I go back to my usual routine the next day (1200-1350/day) or should I cut down on calories (maybe only have 1000 calories)?
I understand you should never go below 1200 on a usual basis but might it be a good idea for the day after a binge?

Replies

• ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't/don't

If I have a bad day I keep on keeping on. If I have a bad week or more, I might readjust my goals to take in more calories. I just make sure that I'm eating good foods.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I always return to my usual routine after a bad day. Bailing yourself out by under eating the day after a binge just prolongs the period of instability and can become a habit. It's better to put it behind you as quickly as you can so you can move on.
  • PapillonKisses
    Options
    No, it is a bad idea. You should go back to your regular routine. Restricting your caloric intake will only lead to more bingeing.
  • AQuazi
    AQuazi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answers! I'll just move forward from those few days and forget them
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    No, restricting yourself too much just leads to more bingeing. I'm a binge eater too, so I know this to be true. I used to try to restrict myself a lot after a binge day...but that just sets you up for an unhealthy yo-yo pattern, and leads you to obsess about food. Just try to focus on being healthy, brush off the "bad" day, and get back to work.
  • kalieah
    kalieah Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I apologize if this has been asked before but if I had a bad day (or two) and binged (as an example, we'll say upwards of 3500 calories) should I go back to my usual routine the next day (1200-1350/day) or should I cut down on calories (maybe only have 1000 calories)?
    I understand you should never go below 1200 on a usual basis but might it be a good idea for the day after a binge?

whenever this happens to me, i just go back to my usual routine of calories. drink lots of water, drink some tea! Eat lots of vegetables as well(: