9 Months In and Total Transformation

Options

Replies

• ibshell
    ibshell Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are definately an inspiration! Nicely done. You were beautiful to begin with, but it's amazing how when we feel better about ourselves, we are even more beautiful. BRAVO!!!
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are definately an inspiration! Nicely done. You were beautiful to begin with, but it's amazing how when we feel better about ourselves, we are even more beautiful. BRAVO!!!

Thank you very much! Yes, it's amazing the confidence I have now that I didn't have before.
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You look so happy and confident! Congrats and thanks for being an inspiration!
  • aquarius0202
    aquarius0202 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    THAT'S AWESOME - YOU GO GIRL, LOL!!! I TOO, LOVE MY ZUMBA CLASS ....
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,060 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Really great job.
  • HealthyNowForever
    HealthyNowForever Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • 2bjemm
    2bjemm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    truly inspirational! i started at size 22 and constantly ask myself if itd even be possible to at least lose 50 lbs! gash congrats on your accomplishments!
  • DMK336
    DMK336 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow, you look great!
  • jazzyali
    Options
    truly inspirational! i started at size 22 and constantly ask myself if itd even be possible to at least lose 50 lbs! gash congrats on your accomplishments!

It's possible!! Keep setting small goals. I set monthly goals which helped me to stay motivated.
  • JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    You look WONDERFUL!!! You should be extemely proud of yourself! Wishing you even more success and a happy, healthy life!
  • 2Sweet
    2Sweet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    In the words of Billy Crystal, "darling you look marvolous!"
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look amazing!! (love zumba!)
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    you look amazing. Congrats!
  • legalgurl101
    legalgurl101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So motivational to see that you have lost all the weight...sometimes when you have been overweight so long u don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.....great job:happy:
  • jazzyali
    Options
    So motivational to see that you have lost all the weight...sometimes when you have been overweight so long u don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.....great job:happy:

Agreed- it is hard to see the light at the end. Every other time I've "dieted" I would give up because it seemed so impossible... this is now a lifestyle for me. I never want to go back to where I was before!
  • kristyash60
    Options
    Great Job! I am also in a size 22 and would love to be in a size 12. My goal is to lose 80-85 lbs. I am trying so hard everyday even taking my 30 minute lunch breaks to go to the gym which is right across the street from my job. I really could use some support! By the way, Did you have any trouble w/ Zumba @ first? I tried it one time and it was very fast paced and hard to keep up and haven't tried it since. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks and Congratulations again!
    ~Kristy
  • jazzyali
    Options
    Great Job! I am also in a size 22 and would love to be in a size 12. My goal is to lose 80-85 lbs. I am trying so hard everyday even taking my 30 minute lunch breaks to go to the gym which is right across the street from my job. I really could use some support! By the way, Did you have any trouble w/ Zumba @ first? I tried it one time and it was very fast paced and hard to keep up and haven't tried it since. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks and Congratulations again!
    ~Kristy

I did have trouble at first... BUT no one picks up all the dance steps the first time. KEEP with it and you'll pick it up. I go to the same instructor for each class so that made it easier to learn the steps quicker. Concentrate on the legs first and then add arms as you feel comfortable. Also, if one instructor is hard to follow- it might just be that you need to try another instructor :smile: There are good ones and bad ones. Zumba has become my outlet for stress and it's like a party every class! :wink:
    Good luck to you! You CAN do it!!!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful, I can't wait until I am there!
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    8523266072_e8fba85d00.jpg
    IMG_2653 by jazzyali1323, on Flickr

Sometimes I can't believe that I've come this far in my getting healthy journey.

In 9 months, I've lost 86 pounds, 12" in my waist and hips, 7" in my chest. I've gone from a size 22 and am now in a size 12.

How? I do Zumba 4-5 times a week, but it's like Zumba Extreme. I burn an average of 3500 calories a week. My instructor (the lady in the blue dress) integrates strength training into her choreography which I love. This last month, I've added 3 days of strength training to help shape my muscles more. For the first 7 months I did My Fit Foods (prepackaged, clean and healthy meals) for all 5 meals, but now I just do it for dinner and create my own healthy meals for breakfast, lunch and snacks

I never thought I'd be able to lose weight, I've always been obese/overweight. It's taken ALOT of hard work, but I am determined. I have some size goals I want to reach, but I have NO idea what I'll look like at that point, this is the smallest I've ever been, which is kind of fun.

So if you are reading this trying to be inspired- you CAN do it!! Just take it one small goal at a time!

Loving this!! Very, very proud of you!! And I do Zumba also, and love it!! Great work!
  • brilynn79
    brilynn79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!