what pizza do you eat?

Options
I am looking for a pizza that I won't feel uber guilty about?

Replies

• yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    We make our own pizza. Both the crust and the sauce. The whole pizza with canadian bacon and pineapple is only 1000 calories and that is for a 10 inch pizza. I have not yet calculated the pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms.

Google pizza dough and pizza sauce recipes for some ideas.
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I make my own - or I like Freschetta Spinach Mushroom, though it might not be for everyone!
    Margarita pizzas are delish too and easy I make them all the time - roma tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil. So good.

If you stick to thin crust and veggies - and do some portion control, it shouldn't be so bad.
  • auntleenie14
    auntleenie14 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I make pizza with english muffins but I know that won't be a lifelong habit
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Hmm...

Sometimes I eat the veggie pizza from a local pizzeria because I love it, not because it's low in calories. It's loaded with cheese but I can fit a mini pizza in to my day when I feel the need.

Sometimes I eat Pizza Hut. I like to get pepperoni, pineapple and jalapenos. Not too hard to fit a couple slices in here and there.

Sometimes I eat Godfather's pizza. Their taco pizza is the only one from there I love. Again, fit in a couple slices here and there.

Sometimes we make our own pizza. When we do that, I like to do green peppers, onions and pepperoni.

I vote for doing what you love. We have pizza about every 3 weeks or so, so when I know that we are going to have pizza, I plan ahead and maybe do a bit of extra workout time, or just go lower calorie on my meals/snacks throughout the day. Instead of two slices of pita bread at lunch, I'll have one, or only 1/2 oz of cheese instead of a full oz, etc.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a pizza that I won't feel uber guilty about?

I like my homemade version of Pacifica Pizza's Gourmet Veggie Pizza gone Paleoesque. I'm not set@ a low caloric requirement to adhere to restrictions, so I eat how ever many pieces I want or need to. :smile:
  • tleeiiiii
    tleeiiiii Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I make my own too, I use an extra thin crust, pizza sauce mixed with hot sauce (I love spicy!) I cut chicken into small cubes and put at all over the pizza, add a little cheese and some red and green peppers! Yum!
  • Sheikie
    Sheikie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OMG - Fit and Free Pizza is beyond fabu! Pizzafree.com
  • erin4455
    erin4455 Posts: 135
    Options
    I make my own, I eat Stouffer's French Bread Pizza and we have pizza from local restaurants. It all depends on what calories I have allotted for it. If you want a less calorie heavy version, order "old fashioned" style pizza which typically includes sauce, green and red peppers and Parmesan cheese. If you really want to be good, go for the thinnest crust available and request light sauce. It's good and you skip the extra calories packed in heavy melted cheeses and fatty meat toppings.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I make my own. Pita bread as the crust cooked on a pizza stone turns out thin and crisp. I've also used Roll Ups flatbread. And then you can get as creative as you want with the toppings. I diced up leftover steak and asparagus that had been sauted with fresh garlic, and it was very tasty on pizza.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Pizza,how I miss you.

Pita bread,tiny bit of sauce,mushrooms,all different kinds of peppers,weight watchers mozzarella and,if I'm feeling decadent.maybe a few slices of turkey pepperoni.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Can you enjoy a slice of your favorite type and just not feel guilty?

We have this local place that makes some of the best pizza I've had. I enjoy a slice or two and leave it at that.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    McCain Ultra Thin Crust Pollo I have it sometimes and it is 300 calories for half the pizza. The sodium is not horrible either and it tastes great!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Any and all pizza. Seriously. I just work it into my allowance. I make my own or get the local stuff here. I cannot, will not give up pizza.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i like mine very thin and crispy- burnt almost- with pepperoni, jalepeno and mushrooms OR all veggie with bacon.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I make my own about once a week. It's kinda high calorie but it's worth it and I just make room for it in my goals. When I want to go out I like this local place. They do woodfired with homemade italian sausage.

I agree with Suns, just make room for whatever your favorite is. For me imitations don't work anyway. I eat them and then I want the real thing anyway. :P
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Pizza really is not THAT bad. Not a reason to feel guilty for sure. Gotta save guilt for something bad, like lying!

I like to eat all the pizzas. Just log it and MAKE it fit into your macros!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat pizza often per se, but I do make pizza roll ups on carb balance tortillas with marinara, cheese, and turkey pepperoni. I have also made lots of mini pizzas on sandwich thins.

If I do eat pizza, it's the real thing, in a restaurant so I don't have leftovers. It does not fit into my macros.
  • bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    Options
    Can you enjoy a slice of your favorite type and just not feel guilty?

We have this local place that makes some of the best pizza I've had. I enjoy a slice or two and leave it at that.

^^^ this
  • auntleenie14
    auntleenie14 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone:smile:
  • JaimieAG
    JaimieAG Posts: 48
    Options
    DIY is awesome but sometimes (esp if it's a social situation) you can't always get the ideal.

If there's a pizza party or something we're doing at a pizza place I usually go for thin crust loaded with veggies. The crust & meat toppings are usually where most of the cals/fat/etc are at. Less is more there. But veggies have never failed me. Sometimes the all cheese (no veg) thin crust is the lightest slice avail. But I find a big helping of veggies makes 1 slice much more filing. It's all pizza. I looooove pizza. Love the whole smell and concept and taste of it. Moderation is key. 1 slice unless I'm familiar with the product and how it stacks nutritionally. Then I'll sometimes let myself go for two.

I have a weakness for Pizza Hut just in general. Always have. Shhh. I know that's bad.

OH! Also there's a grocery store in my area (Whole Foods) that has a take-n-bake option that's delicious.