mid 30's with loads to lose

Options
Is it really hard to lose weight in your 30's like people say? I have a long journey and the thought of it being harder then it already will be scares me :( any advice, support or friend requests welcome!

Replies

• Better4Summer
    Options
    Hope there are people in mid 30's doing this with out great difficulty
  • Cinabean
    Cinabean Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 39...so feel I can contribute. I think the older you get, the harder you may have to work, but it certainly is not impossible. Great difficulty? No...not really. I feel better now than I did 10 years ago. Or even 15. I ran 3 miles twice last week, and didn't hobble around the next day either. :) I was over 200 at one point in my life....vowed to never go back once I broke the barrier.

Good luck, and add me if you would like.
  • marclife
    marclife Posts: 7
    Options
    It's very possible and quite easy with the right plan. I've found that daily exercise is must, and you also need to find the foods the have the lowest calorie count, provide YOU the most hunger satisfaction. For me, when I dropped all processed foods, grains, and bread (in combination with daily walks) the weight just melted off.
  • melod101y
    melod101y Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was over 40 when I started losing weight. Healthy eating and exercise are what did it for me. Focus on losing 5 or 10 pounds and not loads. Small goals are more easily attained. Believe in yourself you CAN do it.