One Month In!

Options
rach503
rach503 Posts: 86 Member
One month since I started myfitnesspal and I can't believe how different life is, already!
- I lost 15 pounds
- I no longer need Tums, no more heartburn
- My pants are too big
- I have sooo much energy
- I no longer NEED caffeine throughout the day
- I actually want to exercise
- I don't crave sweets, or bread, or pop
- I'm sleeping better
- I'm more flexible
- I'm drinking more water
- I am. so. happy. all the time, I can't stop dancing around the house
- I haven't had to "kill myself" to get here, its all been moderation and balance
- I can do the elliptical for 60 minutes!
- I now believe I can do this.

I'm mostly posting this for myself. I want to be able to look back at this as the months and goals add up. I'm really proud of myself, and I'm so excited to keep going. I didn't do anything strange - I just started. I started recording my food, I didn't even change what I ate at first - I was just more aware of what I was eating and how it was making me feel. I started moving more, and was surprised at how fast 30 minutes on the elliptical can go when watching HGTV! Haha!!

Here's to the next month, and the month after that, and the month after that...

Replies

• TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you aqre doing amazing. you have the determination to get to where you want. this is a great start and you will do it. way to go to getting fit and healthy.
  • nycnettie
    nycnettie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Loved your post!!!!!! So real and very inspiring :o)
  • ssb1662
    ssb1662 Posts: 26
    Options
    Congratulations! Pat yourself on the back and keep at it.
  • rach503
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words!!! : )
  • bud9776
    bud9776 Posts: 3
    Options
    Nice going! Keep up the good work and remember how this post felt the next time you feel down! Good Luck!
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    This is great, congratulations!
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Fantastic :) its worth to stop and take notice of the little victories as you go!
  • ladybugs98a
    ladybugs98a Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you are doing amazing!!
  • papariso
    papariso Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome job...I am also a month in and can relate to most of your message..Elliptical for 30 mins is where I am right now...Soon i'll be up to 60 mins.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are doing amazing!! I love how you mentioned your lack of desire for the stuff like sweets and pop, I realized after cutting sweets out that I didn't really need them. I, like you, began to not want the bad stuff. I also use to dance around the house too. Getting back there slowly and surely, cost is making a really healthy diet a bit harder but... I'm getting there.

Have a great month this month, keep dancing, and I know you'll have another great loss in weight and increase in energy!
  • rach503
    Options
    Thanks for the sweet words all!! It's a start - and I like where I'm headed.
  • tcasey4
    tcasey4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm just over two months in and you just made me think about heartburn.. I use to get it all the time. Even thought about going to the doctor to get a Rx (I've always hated tums)... But NOW.. I can't think of the last time I had heart burn. It's a NSV I didn't even remember.. Yesterday, at the beginning of Zumba I had to tighten my shoes and I was actually able to bend over like a normal person and tie my shoe... That's a new one too! GO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • heleka7
    heleka7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    wow, that's so exciting to hear your success!
  • rach503
    Options
    I'm just over two months in and you just made me think about heartburn.. I use to get it all the time. Even thought about going to the doctor to get a Rx (I've always hated tums)... But NOW.. I can't think of the last time I had heart burn. It's a NSV I didn't even remember..

I totally feel you on that! It's one of those things that you can easily forget about, but it's a total victory in and of itself. Now that I don't take them anymore it's kind of crazy to think that the things I was eating, or the soda I was drinking, was creating such a toxic soup I had to take Tums a lot! Ick!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!