Egg-Mug Recipes from Hungry Girl: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calo

Options
arsec4
arsec4 Posts: 22
Okay, so the first post I did, with Hungry Girl Oreo Cheesecake, received so many thumbs ups, that I thought I would pass this little nugget along to everyone as well. Just got this email today. If you haven't signed up at www.hungry-girl.com for their free newsletter, do so now! Get great recipes like these a few times a week. Hooray!

You love egg-mug recipes. WE love egg-mug recipes. So here are THREE more. Mug lovers, rejoice!

All-American Egg Mug

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 173 calories, 3g fat, 770mg sodium, 9g carbs, 1g fiber, 2.5g sugars, 26g protein -- POINTS® value 4*

Sweet, cheesy, and full of faux sausage (just like you'll be after enjoying this new HG b-fast)!

Ingredients:
1 Morningstar Farms veggie sausage patty (or another low-fat sausage patty with about 80 calories)
1 tbsp. sugar-free pancake syrup
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1 slice fat-free American chees e

Directions:
Lightly spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add sausage patty and microwave for 45 seconds. Use a fork to break patty into pieces inside mug, until mostly crumbled. Add syrup and toss to coat. Add egg substitute and microwave for 1 minute.

Gently stir and microwave for 45 seconds. Tear cheese into pieces and add to the mug. Microwave for 15 seconds.

Lightly stir, let cool slightly, and then dig in!

MAKES 1 SERVING

HG Sodium Tip: Shave about 100mg sodium off the stats by using the following products: Joseph's Sugar Free Syrup and Smart Beat Fat Free American Flavor Non-Dairy Slices.

Eggs Bene-chick Mug

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 160 calories, 2.5g fat, 781mg sodium, 15g carbs, 3g fiber, 2g sugars, 20g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

We took one of our favorite decadent, HG-ified breakfasts and turned it into a microwavable mug surprise. Weeeee!

Ingredients:
1/2 tbsp. fat-free mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. Best Foods/Hellmann's Dijonnaise
1/2 tsp. lemon yogurt (or plain yogurt with a drop of lemon juice)
1/2 tsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown), melted
1 oz. (about 2 slices) 97 - 98% fat-free ham, roughly chopped
Half a light English muffin, lightly toasted

Directions:
To make sauce, combine mayo, Dijonnaise, yogurt, and butter in a small dish. (Use a microwave-safe dish if you'd like to warm your sauce before serving.) Mix well and set aside.

Lightly spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add egg substitute and microwave for 1 minute.

Gently stir and add ham. Break muffin half into bite-sized pieces and add to the mug. Microwave for 45 - 60 seconds, until set.

If you like, warm sauce in the microwave, about 10 seconds. Top your egg mug with sauce, give it a little stir, and dig in!

MAKES 1 SERVING

HG Sodium Tip: Shave about 140mg sodium off the stats by using reduced-sodium ham.

The HG Special Egg Mug

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 125 calories, 2.25g fat, 772mg sodium, 3.5g carbs, 0g fiber, 2g sugars, 19.5g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

Turkey! French onion-flavored Swiss cheese! Eggy goodness! That's all; nothing else. But SO satisfying. We sometimes make a double for dinner... Break out that ginormous latte mug, people!

Ingredients:
1 oz. (about 2 slices) 98% fat-free turkey breast slices, roughly chopped
1 wedge The Laughing Cow L ight French Onion cheese
Optional: dried minced onion

Directions:
Lightly spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add egg substitute and microwave for 1 minute.

Gently stir and add turkey. Add cheese, breaking the wedge into pieces as you add it. Microwave for 45 - 60 seconds, until set.

If you like, add a little dried minced onion. Give it a light stir, and dig in!

MAKES 1 SERVING

HG Sodium Tip: Save about 250mg sodium by using cooked and sliced skinless lean turkey breast as opposed to packaged slices.

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I love Hungry Girl recipes! Thanks
  • arsec4
    arsec4 Posts: 22
    Options
    Me too! Nom.nom.nommies!
  • aggielauren
    aggielauren Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    holy cow this is what i needed! i'm constantly trying to find high protien breast recipes to eat on the run in the morning, as I barely have time to shower between morning workout and when i have to be at work. When I eat cereal for breakfast, I'm hungry again in about 1.45 seconds...maybe this will hold me over a little longer! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • oliveoil7979
    oliveoil7979 Posts: 112
    Options
    bump
  • Garcialynne
    Options
    bump
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • katland15
    Options
    OMG! These are great! Can't wait to try them! Thanks for sharing! checking out hungry girl right now!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for the recipes!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    Thanks, these sound great!! I'm wondering if you can cook egg whites in the microwave? I might have done it wrong, but it came out a mess!! :) Maybe I'll try 1 egg + 1 egg white! Any ideas?
  • sewele
    sewele Posts: 27
    Options
    Bump
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    OMG....sooooooooo nummy!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Bump to make later - thanks!

I just signed up for the newsletter - thanks for that too!
  • mivitaluna
    Options
    Fantastic!!! Thank you =D
  • Gert
    Gert Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mamaleo1976
    mamaleo1976 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks, these sound great!! I'm wondering if you can cook egg whites in the microwave? I might have done it wrong, but it came out a mess!! :) Maybe I'll try 1 egg + 1 egg white! Any ideas?
    I've made egg-mug recipes with regular eggs before and you have to make sure you scramble regular eggs really, really well before you cook in the microwave...

I made one with egg beaters, green peppers and low fat mozzarella cheese! It was yummeee!