Recovering from Eating Disorder?

Options
Hi there.

I've been in recovery from anorexia for about a year now. I gained back all the weight I once lost (and a little more, ha ha) but now I want to get toned, healthy, and in shape -- the right, healthy way.

I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who battled an eating disorder as well? I'd love to have some friends that understand the feeling.

But ultimately, I'm just looking for a unit of people who are encouraging and supportive.

Thanks!
Karli

Replies

• itssbrilynn
    Options
    I struggled with anorexia as well, and within 4 months, I was 50 pounds OVER where the problem originally started. You need to remember to eat all three meals! It keeps your metabolism going, burning more fat!
  • allysoybean
    allysoybean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I too, am recovering from Anorexia. I want nothing more than to be happy and healthy once again. I've never been all that social but I feel like if i had someone to talk to, it would make things so much easier! Please feel free to message/ share stories/ ask questions!
  • Elliemisaurus
    Elliemisaurus Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I dealt with bulimia for 6-7 years... recovery is hard, but if you can do it, you can do anything. :)

Feel free to add me, I'm always here to talk!
  • sjobowes
    sjobowes Posts: 13
    Options
    I recvoered from an 8 year battle with an ED! It is hard, but you can do it! You just have to retrain your brain! I am now about 8 years recovered. I am learning more and more about the importance of food. Feel free to add me as a friend! I would love some support as well!
  • violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options
    I am not but my sister is currently in recovery. For her, the hardest part is learning to adapt when something happens to interrupt her routine--a slow waitress that causes us to be late getting home, a road trip and being unable to cook, etc. She finally just got to the point where her bloodwork is normal and her body is producing hormones again. Even though it wasnt myself going through the restricting, the recovery is something my whole family is experiencing.

Kudos to all of you for regaining control of your lives and bodies!
  • ar2286
    ar2286 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a recovering anorexic/bulemic looking to get healthy after both starving early on and then binging my way to a higher weight than I naturally was. I think it's a very delicate balance here -- trying to be healthy and keeping track of food but also not being obsessive. I'd love to build a supportive community around this process though!
  • succubaeangel
    Options
    I struggle with simple binging disorder (or so they tell me) and I have no friends yet. :)
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Bulimia and anorexia (not simultaneously) over a 6 year period. Been recovering since 2011. Feel free to add me if my having a closed diary isn't a dealbreaker (for some people on here it is. IDK why.) Good luck!