Go to drink...other than water.

Options
So when your sick of drinking water and are at work what is your go to drink that doesn't blow your caloric intake out of the water?

Replies

• Gwyn1969
    Gwyn1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    black or green tea
  • wendyhill161
    Options
    Lemon ginger tea, , (I carry the teabags with me always)
  • kmtwedell
    kmtwedell Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok...How about if your work doesn't have the best water supply...(I work in an automotive shop.)
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    cold herbal tea, coke zero, or wine :p
  • kmtwedell
    Options
    Not old enough for the wine yet :P
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Not old enough for the wine yet :P

you are in my country. It's 18 here :)
  • kmtwedell
    Options
    Well I guess that'll just have to go on my bucket list then.
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Ribena. Low sugar. Brita filtered water. Ice Cold. Make a big bottle and take with.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I bought a PUR water filter pitcher. It makes our nasty tap water drinkable, especially once it is refrigerated. My son likes it, but I still prefer flavor in my water.

I usually drink decaf instant tea with Sweet N Low or Walmart's version of Crystal Light, each one about 5 calories for 8 ounces. I like the pink lemonade flavor, but it' a bit strong so I water it down. My favorite is the Lime Margarita, not strong but it has a bit of sodium.
  • kmtwedell
    Options
    hmm. I can't do artifical sweetners at all so I don't think that one will work thanks for the suggestion though.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Tea :)
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Domi_BTGfit Posts: 149
    Options
    I only drink water, protein shakes, coffee or tea. Anything with sugar (soft drink or juice) is just a waste of your calories.

If you prefer "thickshakes" you could always add more skim milk instead of water to your shake, and less liquid to the powder mix to make it thicker.
  • johnnyboytaylor
    Options
    I usually drink Robinsons fruit and barley or if I fancy something fizzy some coke zero which is only 1.5 cals per 250ml
  • Biitchstix
    Options
    TEA, tons and tons of tea
    Soy milk
    Diet root beer (not that healthy but I do love root beer and since the real stuff is even worse...)
    Chia fresca

And cake vodka will always be my favorite guilty pleasure/drink cheat :love:
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    why no artificial sweeteners? i was gonna say the Mio drops can be pretty tasty in water as long as you dont put too much in.

I like green tea with ginger personally if water isnt cutting it.

edited to add: if your work doesnt supply clean water i would def be looking for a new job, thats cruel!!
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I bought a huge water container at the gas station, they called it a Mega Mug. It holds 80 ounces of water. I take that to work. Get yourself a water bottle and then problem solved.
  • roiLEI1554
    roiLEI1554 Posts: 143
    Options
    soy milk!
  • x3na1401
    Options
    Put slices of orange, like or lemon and squeeze juice into water. Will give it a subtle flavour.

I was in a spa once and they had a cucumber water concoction. It was nice actually
  • x3na1401
    Options
    And almond milk 20cal per 100ml but £££
  • kwagganin
    kwagganin Posts: 34
    Options
    Make your own flavoured water. Fill a pitcher with water. You van put in cubed pineapple, green apple, cucumber, lemon, ect.leave it over night. Pour it into 500ml water bottles through a sieve. Cucumber water is yummy!