30 Day Shred (before and after pics)

Options
SerenaFisher
SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
PicsArt_1362441175778-vi.jpg
PicsArt_1362446020628-vi.jpg
PicsArt_1362446187656-vi.jpg
I had my daughter January 14th, I started the shred around February 4th, you cannot start working out right away it is not doctor recommended. In fact I am sure I started earlier then I should have, but I am not a patience person. In any case around day 4 I took pics to show my progress, and then today (the 29th day) I took more pics. I am now going to be doing 40 minutes of cardio daily with Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday doing Crunch BOOTIE BOOT CAMP (40 minute cardio blast), Monday and Friday doing Biggest Loser LVL 3 (40 minute cardio work out) and Wednesdays 30 Day Shred LVL 3 with Jillians Kickboxing DVD (45 minutes total)

And then next month will be P90x, then when I get good at that Insanity. :) I can't wait for summer. I plan on running/walking with the baby as well. Anyway, I lost 5lbs, but more importantly I have firmed up, and lost inches! ALso bare in mind that I just had a baby so my muscles are a little stupid right now, ladies (and gents if you want to do it) that haven't just had a baby will have better results... Oh and my diet wasn't great, I ate reasonably low calories, but they were not good calories... I couldn't afford my healthy diet.

Replies

• Nenusky
    Nenusky Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Your results are amazing! WTG!
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    congrats about the baby! she and I share our birthday so double yippeeee!!:flowerforyou:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Great results although I think you already looked pretty fab in your before pic. I wish all us mom's could look like that after having a babe!

Well done!
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    congrats about the baby! she and I share our birthday so double yippeeee!!:flowerforyou:
    Thank you, she is so pretty. She is also baby number two... guess I should have mentioned that. She was 9lbs 2.2oz here she is the other day (BABY PICS!!) She is such a sweet heart.
    482650_10151486914355932_529667437_n.jpg
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    Thank you, she is so pretty. She is also baby number two... guess I should have mentioned that. She was 9lbs 2.2oz here she is the other day (BABY PICS!!) She is such a sweet heart.

big kiss for the lil one :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    Great results although I think you already looked pretty fab in your before pic. I wish all us mom's could look like that after having a babe!

Well done!
    It helped that she was big, I couldn't eat anything in my last month lol. I ended up losing ten pounds in the last two months, but am still 5lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight (145lbs). I am lucky that I do bounce back quick, but my abs are still partially separated. Probably about one quarter of an inch, am really nervous about them remaining that way. My first they bounced back..so here is hope. I know it rarely happens that they stay apart but still nervous. They are so much weaker then they once were.
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    She does have big kissable lips (she got that from me hahaha) though her daddy says she looks like him (pfft!)
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Well done your bum definitely looks firmer! x
  • DanielleML22
    Options
    PicsArt_1362441175778-vi.jpg
    PicsArt_1362446020628-vi.jpg
    PicsArt_1362446187656-vi.jpg
    I had my daughter January 14th, I started the shred around February 4th, you cannot start working out right away it is not doctor recommended. In fact I am sure I started earlier then I should have, but I am not a patience person. In any case around day 4 I took pics to show my progress, and then today (the 29th day) I took more pics. I am now going to be doing 40 minutes of cardio daily with Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday doing Crunch BOOTIE BOOT CAMP (40 minute cardio blast), Monday and Friday doing Biggest Loser LVL 3 (40 minute cardio work out) and Wednesdays 30 Day Shred LVL 3 with Jillians Kickboxing DVD (45 minutes total)

And then next month will be P90x, then when I get good at that Insanity. :) I can't wait for summer. I plan on running/walking with the baby as well. Anyway, I lost 5lbs, but more importantly I have firmed up, and lost inches! ALso bare in mind that I just had a baby so my muscles are a little stupid right now, ladies (and gents if you want to do it) that haven't just had a baby will have better results... Oh and my diet wasn't great, I ate reasonably low calories, but they were not good calories... I couldn't afford my healthy diet.

You look great now and I think you looked great before you started also! My baby is 4 months old and I wish I looked like your before picture! lol. I have an 11 year old and went right back down not long after her and then I had twins that will be 4 in May & I had a really hard time losing that weight. Then I finally did it and got pregnant with my 4 month old not too long after! Ugh! Lol. They are all worth it though. :) I just have to try and lose it again even though I'm sure it will be a struggle. I'm on level 2, day 5 of the shred and I'm not really seeing much of a difference. I do feel stronger though so that's a plus! I am thinking of trying Insanity and maybe Tapout XT later on.
  • LaLaAlways
    LaLaAlways Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Same also awesome results
  • DanielleML22
    Options

And she is adorable btw! :)
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Seven weeks?!?!? I am in awe of your energy and motivation. Great job.
  • SerenaFisher
    Options

You look great now and I think you looked great before you started also! My baby is 4 months old and I wish I looked like your before picture! lol. I have an 11 year old and went right back down not long after her and then I had twins that will be 4 in May & I had a really hard time losing that weight. Then I finally did it and got pregnant with my 4 month old not too long after! Ugh! Lol. They are all worth it though. :) I just have to try and lose it again even though I'm sure it will be a struggle. I'm on level 2, day 5 of the shred and I'm not really seeing much of a difference. I do feel stronger though so that's a plus! I am thinking of trying Insanity and maybe Tapout XT later on.
    I didn't really start seeing the abs improving until probably week 2, the leg definition came in the last week (there is a bad *kitten* work out in level three that really lifts your bootie, and tones your legs.. HARD AS HELL, still cannot actually do it all the way through have to drop to my knees and cheat)

Congrats on the twins! She was twins, but I lost one at 8 weeks... Which is fine, because I don't think I could have handled two babies. You are stronger than I am! I can barely handle the demands of one baby!

I suggest asking which one to start with. Many here told me to do p90x then insanity because insanity is... INSANE lol. So I am doing as they suggested. I am not sure what tapout is, However if you do insanity and make it through stay with it. Even if you wake up the next day feeling like you got beat, it's worth it. I love feeling terrible the day after lol, if my muscles ache that means they are breaking down and rebuilding. Honestly with the shred though I didn't really have many sore days, I probably should have pushed harder.. I did a lot of the cheat work outs through it because my abs aren't as strong as they use to be.
  • SerenaFisher
    Options

Same also awesome results
    Aw lot's of birthdays on the 14th! She was due 13/13... But came art 1;47am the 14th instead 13/13 would have been so cool ^_^

And thank you Chooriyah! Like I said... I am not patient lol
  • nessa552013
    nessa552013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    awesome results!
  • ellygolightly
    Options
    DAMMIT. Now I'm going to have to restart mine after seeing these awesome progress shots -.-
  • Jess11Gold
    Jess11Gold Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good job!, you look fabulous! I completed it last week... wish I would have taken before and after shots. I lost 7 lbs and 8.5 inches!
  • Bombbombgo
    Options
    Yaaayyyy! I took my b4 pics 2day 4 30 ds and after seeing your results, i'm even more excited!
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    @Bombbombgo I can't wait to see your results. I love the 30 Day Shred, this is my third time doing it. Every time I have had amazing results, this time I actually didn't have as good because my abs are still not quite ready but I know my legs/arms are good. Here are my arms. And this is webcam so the definition is actually better than this! There are some lines in my shoulders.
    175928-vi.jpg

@Jess11Gold congrats on your results! The first few times I did it I never took pics either, I learned my lesson lol. That's why I am going to document this all the way back to where I was. 2011 I was 135lbs, and fit as a fiddle, and 2008 I was 129lbs and very slender/athletic. I have pics of the times, but no pics of the transition. I plan on being 140 by the end of next month and back with more progress pics! You can always start taking them now, if you are maintaining it will just be inspiration to maintain! Or you can post pics of you in clothes before and then your after pics too to give an idea.

@elly and nessa thank you! And Elly, no need to start over my results at first were crap, lost a few pounds and nothing to show, not even inches lost, last two weeks BAM it happened ^_^
  • thejemma
    thejemma Posts: 40
    Options
    Absolutly incredible!!!! I will definatly stick at this!!!
    Great inspiration!! Well done!!
    X
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!