Do you count calories in Vegetables?

Options
2»

Replies

• akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Calories in veggies add up! I don't worry if I go over but it helps me keep track nutrtionally.
  • Imaginary1
    Options
    Ok good info, I didn't know it was so important to count vegetables. This is my first week on MFP so I wasn't sure what the rest of you did. I have also heard that Weight Watchers says not to count veggies so I was a bit confused.... Will start counting them! :)

I only look at the "Calorie" portion of the food diary. I guess I should start looking at the other aspects as well...
  • Bombbombgo
    Options
    Yeah, I ate some eggplant today, and found out when I logged it that it has 47 grams of carbs and like, 20 grams of sugar! Now that I know that i'll make sure 2 eat it pre workout next time instead of post workout...
  • Zoeegirl
    Zoeegirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't always count veggies/fruits. The reason is, I have to make myself eat them, so I don't want to feel "penalized by them as well when they lower my amount of cals. I know they are usually not much, and sometimes I do count them. This is my baby step to a healthier life. Just eating them is a step for me.
    btw I will log them if they are anything but raw, steamed or anything added to them such as cheese, etc..
    This is just what I do :smile:
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Ok good info, I didn't know it was so important to count vegetables. This is my first week on MFP so I wasn't sure what the rest of you did. I have also heard that Weight Watchers says not to count veggies so I was a bit confused.... Will start counting them! :)

I only look at the "Calorie" portion of the food diary. I guess I should start looking at the other aspects as well...

I think Weight Watchers has you on around 1,000 cals a day in 'points' and then say free fruit and veg as that will take you up to your actual calorie goal naturally.
  • GTS53
    GTS53 Posts: 12
    Options
    According to Weight Watchers diet plan you can eat as many fruits and vegetables a day without counting them sa points. And, I can say that it works and you still lose weight. However, don' t exaggerate with the fruits.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Yes because they are still calories.
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If it goes in... it goes in...!!!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I eat it, I count the calories!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log everything! I like to be as accurate as possible!