recommended water?

Options
2»

Replies

• firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hi,

What I heard about coffee and tea, is that they shouldn't be counted in your daily water consommation, especially coffee, because it's dehydrating...

Personnally, I drink 4 x 500 mL per day at least...and more when it's hot or I workout. I use my Nalgene 1L bottle everyday, it's more ecofriendly!

Common myth. Studies indicate that there is no "extra" dehydrating effect...
    http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp
    Check near the bottom...
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Also keep in mind "fluid ounces" and the "ounces" you see on the food scale are not the same thing or even related. Just to make things more confusing. Weighing your water to see how many ounces is not how it works!
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Also keep in mind "fluid ounces" and the "ounces" you see on the food scale are not the same thing or even related. Just to make things more confusing. Weighing your water to see how many ounces is not how it works!

You can if you weigh it in grams. 1g=1ml, you can then convert the ml to fl oz. :)
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    they did an experiment where they had one group watering themselves and another drinking tea and coffee--neither group came out ahead at the end of it--- i teach English and it was one of lessons from an oxford university book. it also stated an actor in the uk recently nearly died of over consumption of water.-it didnt name names but stated it was a lot over a prolonged period.
  • JuDurand
    JuDurand Posts: 12
    Options
    Well coffee makes you urinate more liquid than you take... and it's full of toxins. It takes 7 to 8 glasses of water to eliminate them...

Just to mention, I don't have anything against coffee, I don't drink any myself, I just don't like it's taste! ;)
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i dont drink coffee now because it isnt recomended when your on a diet but it never made me wee a lot--it affects us all differently!!