New and excited!

Options
Hello everyone!

My name is Bethany and I am a mother of 3 wonderful children! I have been struggleing with my weight since the birth of my first son who is now 8. My husband is in the Army and we just moved to Virginia. Since arriving here I have been trying to lose weight even more than before. I started Weight Watchers but struggled because I would horde my points until I was starving and then raid the cabinets. However I did lose 5 pounds (somehow) I wasn't working out though and I know that would have helped me. Last Monday I found this site and decided to change my lifestyle and eat a low calorie diet and exercise every day. Since Monday I have lost 3 pounds and I am staying full and doing really well on my workouts. I plan to lose 50 pounds total (including the 5 from ww and the 3 from this week) and I am excited because I know that I am finally going about it the right way.

Replies

• tiffvea
    tiffvea Posts: 51
    Options
    :smile: Hello Bethany.....good luck on your new health seeking journey. I also have 3 kids and a hubby in the military, although he is not full time. He teaches at U of A in the ROTC program and is in the National Guard. I love myfitnesspal, but need more support. I was doing really well at first, lost 10lbs., then my birthday came, ate like a pig and have had a difficult time getting back on track! I struggle with food, it's seems I am obsessed with food! Now that I'm 35, I can tell it's getting harder to keep weight off, and I know it's only going to get worse as I get older. Anyway, good luck!
  • AliHa
    AliHa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Alisha. I have a daughter who will be 3 in August. I am excited to start eating healthy and exercise. I am trying to loose weight I put on after having my daughter. After having her I didn't start eating healthy and exercise and got into a bad habbit. So my friend turned me onto this site and I am looking forward to checking in and updating my info. I am also excited to loose those pounds! :smile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weightloss Bethany and welcome:flowerforyou:

Becca
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Welcome and goodluck on your journey......You will have amazing results by using this website......Keep up the good job
  • charisma5959
    Options
    Bethany:

You go, girl! I also have three fantastic kids...all grown! I am in the stages of menapause and I never had an issue with weight until this stage of my life. My daughter, Jenifer, introduced me to this site. She has me exercising regularly and drinking tons of water. I no longer drink Dr. Pepper, my ONLY drink before. I add crystal lite to water and it is great. I also log in and do much better when I count my calories. I eat five small meals a day and never eat after 7:30...about two hours before I go to bed. (My husband sells Edy's ice cream and has to get up super early to make deliveries.) Someone told me that when you are getting ready to go to bed and feel hungry, think of the FAT being eaten away in your body. That helped me to stop snacking. She also told me to only measure myself or weigh myself once a week, not every day. You stress when you don't lose and then you are hungrier.

I stopped counting calories when we went on a cruise. I started gaining again. I have decided this is a life style not a diet. That way, I will stick to it. I wish you good luck. Remember, it is better to lose eating healthy rather than to lose with crash diets. You are going to do awesome. I believe in you.

Also, this is probably silly, but I will tell you how I motivate myself to exercise. I just picture myself in my bathing suit...makes me sick so I end up doing a longer workout!!! Also, I give myself rewards each week for losing weight. I may eat one bad thing just so I won't be so starved for them and it a ton. My daughter rewards herself with clothes.

Good luck,
    Laurie B
  • carolina0105
    Options
    Hi. I'm new here too. I find I do better keeping track of what I eat and it helps me to work out more than I would have. Before I was one who didn't have the time to workout and now well, I do and I make the time for it. Good luck!!