Leg exercises - what weight do you use?

Options
Hey guys,
I have been strength training and doing cardio for about 9 months now and I have seen great results. However, I feel as if my legs are not getting any leaner despite having switched up my exercises and used heavier weights.
Therefore I was wondering if you could all (directed at women mostly) tell me what weights you use for the following exercises? I'd like a basis for comparison to see if I am lifting too light :)

Barbell squats, Deadlifts, one legged romanian deadlifts, leg press, lunges, sumo suat

Thank you so much everyone, I hope you all reach your goals too :)

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you should only be comparing yourself to YOU and trying to improve yourself. But, I'll bite and list my current poundage...

Squats: 135 pounds (3 sets of 6-8)
    Deadlifts: (same as above)
    Leg Press: 430 pounds (3 sets of 8-12)
    Lunges: (I do walking lunges across the gym floor) 25 pound dumbbells in each hand, 10 steps across and 10 steps back

Not sure the other exercises you listed as they are not currently in my program.

Also not sure what my 1RM would be.

But going back to my original statement, you should lift as heavy as YOU can for the desired amount of reps and progress as you can. You are not lifting "too light" if you are not lifting what someone else can lift as you are most likely at different experience levels.
  • ecilaaa
    ecilaaa Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback! And yes, I know I should only lift as heavy as I can but I am wondering whether it is worth it to keep progressively going up in weight or whether there is a point I should stop at.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback! And yes, I know I should only lift as heavy as I can but I am wondering whether it is worth it to keep progressively going up in weight or whether there is a point I should stop at.

No, no, no, don't ever stop progressing at any point!!! You will not bulk up by progressively adding more weight, if that's what your afraid of. Always challenge yourself. Your body will thank you. It's always worth it.
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    on a related note, have you considered 'single leg' leg pressing ? I've started using it in my workout. Although it means spending more time on that portion of the workout, I believe it has benefits in keeping your leg strength/muscle balanced, and it means you can take a load off the machine, which translated to less stress on the lower back while you leg press.
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    I do squats (PBs 60kg), lunges with various weights of barbell, dumbell or VIPRs, and leg press (200kg PBs) - nowhere near where I want to be leg wise but well on the way :)