Options
2»

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I love that breakfast thing! YUM!

Ok.. Now I wish I hadn't eaten dinner already. LOL

All of it looks DELISH except the cottage cheese.. I can't stand that stuff.. the rest looks amazing!

I don't know how to post pictures but I make my own breakfast burritos

1 egg scrambled with mushrooms ( i cook with butter), heat a small tortilla in the microwave with a dash of cheese on it, put eggs on tortilla and top with avocado, lettuce leaf and salsa (and scallions) It will spill out of the tortilla. less then 300 calories

My new favorite salad under 100 calories. spinach, tomato, watermelon, feta balsamic vinegar. Sounds weird, but it's so good!

my blog has 2 low calorie Chinese food recipes and they are amazing. I make them all the time.
    www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/confuzzled4ever
  • sarrymerry
    sarrymerry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    my dinner after i "spent" all my calories earlier in the day :) salad with lite chipotle ranch and miso soup. under 150 calories

36bce3b4-7a51-47f0-ab56-7d40b78e9237_zps5fc6b77b.jpg
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    nice, @confuzzled4ever :) that spinach salad thing sounds great! i love trying new interesting food combinations! thanks for the link too!
  • BobsLittleBird
    BobsLittleBird Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    lunch and dinner today. Im pleased with how these came out since i made it up as i went :)

shell-less taco salad: ground chicken with taco packet seasoning bit of reduced fat cheese, sauteed (no oil) red peppers, zuchinni and onion, all on top of romaine with a dollop of plain nonfat greek yogurt to finish it off. 275 cals 15g carbs, 13g fat and 30g protein.
    download4_zps6bcdec0b.jpg

taco seasoned chicken, salsa, and veggies mixed into spagetti squash. 245 cals, 26g carbs, 8g fat, 24g protein.
    download5_zps2cc0dede.jpg
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    breakfast before a run; kashi go lean high (fiber/protein) with almond milk and banana. and my favorite yogurt of all time- chobani strawberry greek yogurt.

20130307_113857_zpse76da929.jpg
    came to 415g cals, 78g carbs, 4g fat, 29g protein.
  • mbetts123
    mbetts123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yum! your food all looks delicious!
  • sarrymerry
    Options
    thanks!

todays lunch: romaine and tomato salad topped with canned chicken mixed with lite ranch, red pepper, cucumber and avocado.
    415 cals, 27g carbs, 17g fat, 39g protein.

20130309_124437_zps68427e6b.jpg
  • janeypoosandbob
    janeypoosandbob Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jonesbrookea
    Options
    Weird, I don't see how you post a picture.

Curried Kale and Tofu Soup

Broth (I make veg from reduced-sodium base) = 5 cal in 1 cup
    Fresh chopped kale = 68 cal in 2 cups
    Extra Firm Tofu, cubed = 70 cal in 3 oz
    Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar = 10 cal in 1/2 tbsp
    Curry Powder = negligible

I usually make at least a double batch (306 cal) but only eat half (153 cal)

Add a whole-wheat carb of your choice and a fruit and you're still WELL under 500 cal for the whole meal
  • mjg812
    mjg812 Posts: 9
    Options
    download_zps2153c7c3.jpg

my breakfast before a run- so huge healthy and yum! its nonfat plain greek yogurt with strawberries, half of a whole wheat pita pocket, and salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, red peppers and parsley topped with dill and balsamic vinegar. my mom thinks im crazy because of the things i eat for breakfast haha :)

this meal came in at 330 calories, 62g carbs, 8g fat, 29g proteins.

Hi, Could you please tell me how much yogurt you used and how much weight in strawberries

Thanks
  • nooodll
    nooodll Posts: 38
    Options
    bump for deliciousness!!!
  • mjg812
    Options
    download_zps1f3b5bc5.jpg

loaded sweet potato: 2 small sweet potatoes, green and red salsas, chicken breast, and greek yogurt. 320 calories, 34g carbs, 3g fat, 35g protein.

Could you please tell me how much in weight of greek yogurt and chicken please
  • mjg812
    Options
    lunch and dinner today. Im pleased with how these came out since i made it up as i went :)

shell-less taco salad: ground chicken with taco packet seasoning bit of reduced fat cheese, sauteed (no oil) red peppers, zuchinni and onion, all on top of romaine with a dollop of plain nonfat greek yogurt to finish it off. 275 cals 15g carbs, 13g fat and 30g protein.
    download4_zps6bcdec0b.jpg

taco seasoned chicken, salsa, and veggies mixed into spagetti squash. 245 cals, 26g carbs, 8g fat, 24g protein.
    download5_zps2cc0dede.jpg

They look delicious :-) I might try one of those tomorrow. Thank you.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I do a taco salad too, I just add nonfat sour cream, avocado and a lot of salsa. Sometimes switch the chicken for black beans (I'm having both tonight though). So good.
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    bump! I am loving these pics!
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    All of these look good. I am going to be trying these. Thanks for sharing. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    food_zpsb0e5b16b.jpg

2 cups lettuce, 2oz ground chicken with taco seasoning, 3 tbsp salsa, 1/4 avocado mashed, 2 tbsp fat free sour cream, 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar, 1/4 cup black beans (I used canned). 355 calories, 27 carb, 16 fat, 29 protein.

Excuse the mess, lol.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I post pictures of all my meals with calories content and links to recipes (if I have them) on my food blog... ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com :). The majority of them come in at under 500 calories or around that figure :)
  • janeypoosandbob
    janeypoosandbob Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bumping in the hope that more photo's will be posted :smile: