Whats for dinner?? I need suggestions!

Options
SarahBrown1979
SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
I took out BL/SL chicken breast for dinner tonight but I don't know what to make with it! I need suggestions please!?!?! I'm getting bored with the same old thing all the time.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Can you go to the store? Or do you just want to use what you have around the house? What else do you have?
  • ChristinaD2
    Options
    I made 'The Biggest Loser' Enchilada Chicken the other night and loved it... Only 162 cal. per serving, too!
    http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/exclusives/nutrition/chef_devin/recipes.shtml
    (It's the last recipe at the bottom of the page.)
  • bthewes2
    bthewes2 Posts: 23
    Options
    Cilantro Lime Chicken....

http://www.billandalex.us/recipe.php?name=Cilantro Lime Chicken
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    soak it in whiskey
  • ledivakim
    ledivakim Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    you can stir fry it with any canned or frozed veggies you have on hand....
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    Risotto with fennel and peas. Big hit on a comfort food level. *I like it better without the wine.
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/risotto_with_fennel_peas.html
  • TomjsAj
    TomjsAj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sautee some sliced cherry tomatoes with basil, spinach, and olive oil and put that with the chicken over egg noodles. It is easy, good and healthy. I add pepper, sea salt, and a dash or Locatelli cheese if I have the calories to spare.
  • SarahBrown1979
    Options
    Can you go to the store? Or do you just want to use what you have around the house? What else do you have?

Yeah My Husband is going to the store to pick up some other things after he gets off work.

Lets see I already have at home, diced tomatos (canned, no salt added), brown rice, mushrooms, red potatoes, cream of chicken and mushroom soup, black beans... just to name a few things, but I can give him a couple more things to add to his list to pick up, (both of us are currently at work) We are also suppose to have a snow storm tonight into tomorrow so he's picking up milk and bread, HAHA!
  • SarahBrown1979
    Options
    I made 'The Biggest Loser' Enchilada Chicken the other night and loved it... Only 162 cal. per serving, too!
    http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/exclusives/nutrition/chef_devin/recipes.shtml
    (It's the last recipe at the bottom of the page.)

Sounds good, I'll have to keep this one in mind.
  • SarahBrown1979
    Options
    Sautee some sliced cherry tomatoes with basil, spinach, and olive oil and put that with the chicken over egg noodles. It is easy, good and healthy. I add pepper, sea salt, and a dash or Locatelli cheese if I have the calories to spare.

This sounds good too!
  • bdburch
    bdburch Posts: 127
    Options
    You could do a cheesy chicken and rice bake. It sounds like you already have most of the ingredients.
    http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/cheesy-chicken-and-rice-bake/

I cooked it for my husband the other day to try something new and he loved it so much he put it in the recipe book.
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    3 cups shredded chicken
    1 cup shredded cheddar
    1 can cream of chicken (or mushroom, i hate mushrooms)
    1 bag frozen broccoli

mix it all together and bake for 25 minutes on 325
  • capnlizard
    capnlizard Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Marinate in tequila, some fresh lime juice, and minced garlic and cilantro for like an hour. Lightly season with salt and pepper, grill or saute until cooked through, and top with pico de gallo (tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeno) or mango salsa (cucumber, jalapeno, mangoes, cilantro, red onion). I would serve it with maybe a side of rice, a big salad, or some black bean soup, or some combination of two :)
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Buffalo wing sauce in a wrap with lettuce....very low calorie and SUPER delicious! I made a southwestern salad today with lettuce, black beans, corn and cooked chicken with fajita seasoning. I love warm chicken on top of greens....YUMMO!!
  • sricher99
    sricher99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorite is 1 cup peanut satay sauce and 1 cup salsa - cover chicken and bake.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Chicken & Mushroom stroganoff:

1 x chicken breast vut into thin strips
    1 large portabello mushroom cap or handful of small mushrooms, cut into chunky pieces.
    1 x garlic clove, crushed.
    1 tsp mustard
    1/4- 1/2 tsp of paprika (hot or sweet)
    1/4 cup (100ml) chicken stock
    1 small onion, diced
    2 tbsp low fat soured cream/creme fraiche
    dash of white wine (optional but tasty)
    fresh parsley to garnish (also optional)

1. Sautee the onion, garlic, mushrooms & chicken until almost cooked through. Add the chicken stock and season with pepper.
    2. Add the white wne (if using), mustard and paprika and simmer for approx 5 mins.
    3. Finish with the sour cream and parsley and a squeeze of lemon.

Serve with one of the following (It's a versitile little dish!!)

- Egg Noodles.
    - Pasta
    - Rice.
    - Quinoa
    - Cous Cous
    - Roasted/Steamed Veggies.
    - Shredded stir fried cabbage.
    - Baked Potato.
    - Mashed Potato.
    - Cauli Rice.
    - Crusty Bread.
    - Huge green salad.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    bbq chicken pizza on flatbread
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Peppers. You can even sub the rice with cauliflower rice to make it low carb.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

Yeah My Husband is going to the store to pick up some other things after he gets off work.

Lets see I already have at home, diced tomatos (canned, no salt added), brown rice, mushrooms, red potatoes, cream of chicken and mushroom soup, black beans... just to name a few things, but I can give him a couple more things to add to his list to pick up, (both of us are currently at work) We are also suppose to have a snow storm tonight into tomorrow so he's picking up milk and bread, HAHA!
    I heard about the snow storm, I think we are getting hit too! Stay warm! You could always cut the chicken up, cook it with some veggies and serve it over the brown rice.
    Something that my fiance likes that has chicken in it that I make, is this chicken with vodka sauce and spinach. I just buy the canned vodka sauce and canned spinach....I cut the chicken up in bite size pieces, fry it in a pan with a little olive oil. In the meantime I have the vodka sauce in a pot and I drain the can of spinach and add the spinach to simmer with the vodka sauce. This is all over noodles, any kind you want...I use like ziti noodles. Once the chicken is done, I add it to the pot with the sauce and spinach and let it heat up and then it is done :) I just put a pile of noodles on a plate and add the chicken, vodka sauce, and spinach on top. It's delicious! And it's quick and easy and doesn't have many ingredients :) I put parmesan cheese on top of mine! I'm not sure of the calories, I have never calculated it out.
  • Finchtastic1
    Finchtastic1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Chicken piccata SUPER easy! Sautee the chicken in a little bit of butter and olive oil. I sometimes also add fresh garlic too. Sprinkle the chicken with lemon pepper seasoning and place in the hot pan. Once both sides are a nice golden brown, squeeze fresh lemon juice on the chicken...you can be liberal with it depending on taste. Turn heat down to low and add capers to the top as well as a bit of white wine. Sautee for just a bit longer to reduce the wine, lemon, EVOO mixture. Serve with fresh green beans and brown rice!