What's your favorite diet food?

Options

Replies

• laurenmanderson1
    laurenmanderson1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I could eat sweet potatoes every day! Add a tiny bit of butter and splenda brown sugar...YUUUMMM!

I also always go for some raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, apples (with or without almond butter), and all of these with add some cottage cheese

My absolute favorite is quick snack is cracked pepper triscuits and laughing cow cheese gouda singles.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Pizza and beer. I consume that about 3 times a week on a cut. Keeps me sane.

Note: You do not need to eat "diet food" to lose weight. Eat real food, be happy, make it sustainable for life.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, one of my favourites right now is sweet potatoes. Love them! But then I really like eggs too!
  • bdburch
    bdburch Posts: 127
    Options
    Blueberries! They are my go-to fruit to make my breakfasts a little sweeter.
  • THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes, eggs and avocados! YUM!!
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Why only one favorite? :-(

My favorite snack/treat is a low carb chocolate protein shake or 85% dark chocolate if I can find it.

My favorite meal ingredient is La Tortilla Factory high fiber tortillas. I use them for sandwich wraps, quesadillas, personal sized pizzas (awesome!), bake them into crackers, nom nom nom... :-)
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Eggplant! yum! and so healthy for you!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Bran cereal sprinkled on yogurt. I crave this every night before bed
  • MerMandy17
    MerMandy17 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I eat fruit with my breakfast (winter fruits - berries- are lowest in sugar) and I really look forward to it.

I've also found that eating turkey meatballs with homemade pomodoro sauce really gives you that "spaghetti and meatballs" feeling without the calories and carbs. Add a salad and you'll be nice and full.

Same can be said for turkey meatloaf, turkey burgers (lettuce wraps), and turkey chili.
  • TimothyIrvine
    TimothyIrvine Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    "Chicken Blood"

Damn, really?

I am now going to look that up to see its nutrition facts.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    avocados and seaweed snacks are my favourite right now
  • MariaHammer750
    MariaHammer750 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    rice cakes with peanut butter. Another is Eating Right Spinach & Artichoke Hummus with Jicama or celery/
  • heidihorton
    heidihorton Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Banana bread muffins!! Love them @ 47 cals each... Love them even more :smile:
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I love baked sweet potatoes with coconut oil, almonds and peach mango salsa from Walmart. Actually I love sweet potatoes any way :love:
  • Blugrasgrl79
    Options
    Thai Green Curry recipe please! Hope you don'y mind sharing!
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato with a hint of butter.
  • TRmom25
    TRmom25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My fav is homemade salsa made with chopped avocado, Vidalia onion, tomato, fresh cilantro, salt, pepper, juice from one lime and a Tbs of olive oil. I love it on wraps, on any cooked fish, on taco salad with chili and it’s a great snack with baked tortillas. It's my go-to. I never get tired of it.
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat bread with 2tbs crunchy pb, with sliced blackberries and strawberries on top

Yum. Lately it's been a PB&J for me. And fresh berries and/or watermelon are always a treat.
  • MariaHammer750
    MariaHammer750 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Shrimp Ceviche with crackers and my favorite; Sushi!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    steak or mangos :smile: