New girl battling the bulge!

Options
Hi all,

I'm brand new to this today, downloaded the app and found this brilliant community online, basically I'd like to connect with like minded people who want to achieve their goals. :)

Little bit about me; My name is Elly, i'm 21 and I'd like to lose around 70 lbs. I've always been on the bigger side, and I've always tried to lose it, but inevetably fall off the horse. I'm quite active already, i swim quite a bit and i walk to work (30 mins brisk) every morning and some evenings I walk home too, it's just my (abusive) relationship with food and my motivation that's holding me back.

Just putting it out there and seeing who fancies a chat and maybe we can help eachother along :)

Please everyone feel free to add me too :)
x

Replies

• xtashaw
    xtashaw Posts: 2
    Options
    hi love feel free to add me i need as much motivation as i can get too!xx
  • autumndragon22
    autumndragon22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I love giving support
  • donohoe4
    donohoe4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I love to help motivate others and need it myself too!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Prepared to be amazed! This site is awesome and I have met some dear friends on here!
  • pauladev61
    pauladev61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,I also joined today,wish I was 21,I am in my head,been battling all my life.I was doing ok up till 2010 and then we decided not to have our sunshine holidays so body exposure wasn't as important ,and ever since a stone has gone on each year 2010 I was 10st something.2011 it went to 11st something,2012 yes you're getting the gist and 2013 started with 13,I have weighed 15st 10lbs in the past and dont wont to go back there.
    You can do it and so can I age doesn't come into it.
    We will all get up every morning knowing we're not alone and telling ourselves

WE ARE GOING TO ACHIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XXXXX
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Adding you!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Prepared to be amazed! This site is awesome and I have met some dear friends on here!

^^ this person is one of the BEST friends you could ever wish to have ^^
  • seawolf86
    seawolf86 Posts: 55
    Options
    Add me! I love supporting others in their weight loss journey as well as being motivated to keep the weight off myself :)
  • britkip
    britkip Posts: 49
    Options
    Anyone can add me I love helping!
  • Sammy85x
    Sammy85x Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm also batting the bulge, i just can't stop eating. Not sure how much i weigh as i hate getting on the scales, just depresses me even more. Im 28 and about a size 14, but want to loose a bit of weight as i'm not the smallest of girls.
    One thing which is difficult is that i hate fruit and hate salad, the only time i will eat salad things is if their cooked. Not raw like as in a cold sald, yuk. My down fall is cadburys chocolate.

Feel free to add me, i need all the support i can get and will return the favour with doing my best to support others xx
  • birdiekurdi
    Options
    hello i am new to this so feel free to add me:) many times i need some motivation and i love helping others as well...
  • violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options
    anyone can add me! i love the little rush you get when you get a 'wtg' on a status where you lose weight or eat under cal :)
  • spuds1316
    spuds1316 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am new to mfp today too and have around 90 pounds to lose. I also have bad habits with food and eating and I am looking for support along the way. Will add you and heres to a great first week!
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    Hi, anyone is welcome to add me. I'm 23, married, and a mommy to one. I've always been on the heavier side, but 2 weeks ago decided that today is the day. I know I haven't been on it long, but I need the motivation just as you do. I have probably a good 30 lbs to lose in total.
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I"m new to this too. You can add me as well.
  • Shellbug75
    Shellbug75 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey there. My name is Michelle. Feel free to add me. I am always looking for people who need support. I know I couldn't have done it without the people on MFP.

Anyone can add me if they would like to :o)
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Its a great place to get support at. People on here keep me on track. I personally leave my diary open so that I'm more concious about what I eat. Its a mental thing for me. I log everything and knowing that I have people seeing what I eat keeps me on track. I'm sending an invite now. I think its best to have a huge support group. If anyone on here would like to add me please feel free to :)