Trying to lose 12-15lbs in 6 weeks. Any buddies?

Options
2»

Replies

• blmr85
    blmr85 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Me too! im 5'7" 156 lbs. Just started a weightloss challenge at work thats 6 weeks! could use some motivation! I wanna win that $100. haha
  • jenlynski
    jenlynski Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Looking to lose 15 by the end of May
  • Giantpanties
    Options
    Anymore room for a Tiny one ... Id love to take on the challenge ツ
  • kimboyle92
    kimboyle92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 2 and weigh 131 ... i know that doesn't sound like much but I have the frame of a 6th grader! I know i look good when I'm between 110 and 115 so I'm trying to lose between 15 0 20 lbs. I'm also a smoker that wants to quit without gaining weight. I want to lose this excess weight and get on a training program before I try to quit smoking so I don't gain weight. My I join y'all?
  • jinglett
    jinglett Posts: 69
    Options
    I have been recovering from an illness from the past two years and have been unable to exercise and eating in general has been a challenge and yet the pounds have crept on and muscle weakness has set in. I have many pounds to lose but the first 12-15 pounds off would help get into the next size of clothes in my closet or at the store. I guess you are already a week in but I would like to join too. I am at 194. Before I got sick I weighed around 147 and was near my goal weight and very fit. Can you see my distress? Would love your support.
  • toothfairy79
    toothfairy79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am in!! Want to lose 15lbs by end of May..
  • trulabfloyd
    Options
    You sound almost exactly like me in so many ways except your measurements are fantastic. You must be young. I am also 5foot six inches and today weigh 143. I started at 151. Lost down to 141 for my daughters wedding in August and now I want to get the last lbs off with my goal being 135, the weight I put on my drivers license many years ago but have not reached. The lowest I have gotten is to 138 just before my husband and I went to Europe like 10 years ago.

It is not that much, so I am frustrated not to be able to get there when you see so many stories of ladies losing 20,30 and 40 lbs and more in a matter of months. We can do this and I would love to join you for the challenge. I will make my goal 130. So that will be 13 lbs to lose. Ok today is the day we start! My advice is starve, fruits and vegetables and little or no alcohol. What is your advice based on what has worked for you? Trula
  • brighteyes31143
    Options
    I Too weigh in on Saturdays... AND TO MY PLEASANT SURPRISE (after thinking I'd totally blown it this wk) im down 3 lbs.. My pants are getting baggier!!! N Im down a whole on my belt!!!!!!!!! LOVEEEE IT!
  • cheremince
    Options
    I Too weigh in on Saturdays... AND TO MY PLEASANT SURPRISE (after thinking I'd totally blown it this wk) im down 3 lbs.. My pants are getting baggier!!! N Im down a whole on my belt!!!!!!!!! LOVEEEE IT!
    great results!
  • cheremince
    Options
    You sound almost exactly like me in so many ways except your measurements are fantastic. You must be young. I am also 5foot six inches and today weigh 143. I started at 151. Lost down to 141 for my daughters wedding in August and now I want to get the last lbs off with my goal being 135, the weight I put on my drivers license many years ago but have not reached. The lowest I have gotten is to 138 just before my husband and I went to Europe like 10 years ago.

It is not that much, so I am frustrated not to be able to get there when you see so many stories of ladies losing 20,30 and 40 lbs and more in a matter of months. We can do this and I would love to join you for the challenge. I will make my goal 130. So that will be 13 lbs to lose. Ok today is the day we start! My advice is starve, fruits and vegetables and little or no alcohol. What is your advice based on what has worked for you? Trula
    wow are we twins haha? i don't have a daughter or a husband though. i think the best that works for me is just restricting (the healthy calorie count way) if i throw that in with my exercise, i can lose up to 3lbs in a week. I just need to really fight for it and get that will power back
  • cheremince
    Options
    everyone is welcome to join. i didn't put a limit. and to everyone, yes my goal is 132lbs by the end of May. I lost a pound since monday and I am 144lbs. I did awful this week though and looking forward to being around 142 or even 141 by next saturday. Good luck guys!
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 2 and weigh 131 ... i know that doesn't sound like much but I have the frame of a 6th grader! I know i look good when I'm between 110 and 115 so I'm trying to lose between 15 0 20 lbs. I'm also a smoker that wants to quit without gaining weight. I want to lose this excess weight and get on a training program before I try to quit smoking so I don't gain weight. My I join y'all?

Kim, I "get" you! I am 5" period! Currently I weigh 120 but have been 131. I look my best at 115/110. At either weight most around me wondered why I even wanted to lose weight. Good luck with this. I won't be joining as it is almost impossible foe me to lose 2 pounds a week healthfully at this height/weight.

I wish all of you all the best of luck!
  • jenlynski
    jenlynski Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I definitely need a change ~it's time!
  • slybaby
    slybaby Posts: 125
    Options
    Ladies...we must all be related! lol
    I'm 5.6 and weigh 153. I've successfully lost last summer 10lbs but it slowly crept back on because I stopped exercising:( I'd love to join all of you and lose 12lbs myself. I will 40 in June and will be going to NYC in July-August and I want to look my best. If any of you would like to be-friend me, please do so! We can do this together!!!
  • brighteyes31143
    Options
    Thank you soo much :wink:
  • trishy303
    Options
    Even though your post is a year old, its that time again!! Summer is creeping up! Daylight savings time this weekend. Will be nice for the sun to be out longer.

Would like to be buddies, since a 15 lb weight loss in 6 weeks is my first goal. I have an outdoor concert that weekend and I would really like to be on the right track for spring/summer.

Let me know what your progress is and what your doing to get the scale moving!
  • RubyKS145
    RubyKS145 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am trying to lose 15 by May 31st and another 10 by September 1 (my wedding is 9/7). Would love to exchange ideas and support! I am 5'5" and 153 right now. I've been exercising 3 times a week, but would like to up it to 4-5. I generally eat pretty well, but struggle with cheating and temptations like red wine and eating out. Trying to really stick to a plan, but could use some motivation!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I have just this week been diagnosed with prediabetes. I gotta do this or I will get sick!
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Im in I made a bet with a friend 50$$ whoever gets to ONE-derland first we are around the same right now 216 and for sure dont want to lose, I am determined!!! the sooner the better!!

Has anyone thought of making a group? or spreadsheet? for us