Vomiting in the morning

Options
Hi!

Sorry this is a gross topic (and might be a little TMI) but over the last week or two I've been finding myself vomiting in the morning once or twice a week. Just as a precursor, I'm NOT pregnant. This usually happens when I just drink tea (Tazo green tea and lemon grass) but I'll find myself throwing up (just the tea urgh). It starts with nausea about 10-15 minutes before the actual event. It has never happened before I changed my eating habits (other then during the flu).

I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else or what it might be @_@ I googled it and got absolutely nothing.

I might go see my doctor if I can't figure it out.

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Go see your doctor. There are too many variables here for anyone to offer advice.
  • Firekeeper66
    Firekeeper66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My SO has been vomiting in the morning after his green tea also.... I'd say it's the green tea... Try skipping that or having something different before going to the doctor to rule out the tea.

He has had green tea in the morning for YEARS and it's only lately since he's switched to a new brand that he's been vomiting. Maybe a new brand is key?

Good luck!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    it really sounds like it's the tea....

try not drinking the tea for a couple of mornings, if it stops, then don't drink it any more.

if it doesn't stop it, then see your doctor
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If you take iron/multivit on an empty stomach it can make you hurl. *speaks from experience*
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    that happened to me when i drank chamomile tea, so i stopped drinking it
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    So you're not pregnant and not seriously hung over? Okay, so maybe it's the tea? Or, you could have the stomach flu? Perhaps ask your doctor?
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I just Googled it and got millions of sites with all different types of info about the tannins in green tea potentially being the cause of stomach upset to the point of nausea and vomiting.

If your vomiting happens usually when you just drink the tea as you say - stop drinking the tea!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I drink tea and every time I drink it, I throw up. But I'm still going to drink it anyway.

Are you kidding me? STOP DRINKING SOMETHING THAT IS MAKING YOU ILL. Problem solved, case closed, everybody go home.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I drink tea and every time I drink it, I throw up. But I'm still going to drink it anyway.

Are you kidding me? STOP DRINKING SOMETHING THAT IS MAKING YOU ILL. Problem solved, case closed, everybody go home.

The doctor is in.
  • aljarema
    aljarema Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Go see your doctor. There are too many variables here for anyone to offer advice.

Couldn't agree more!
  • pghlulu
    pghlulu Posts: 42
    Options
    Certain brands of green tea make me very nauseated almost to the point of vomiting. Stop the tea and see if that helps...otherwise see a doctor.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

For real.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    No no no... PLEASE rush off to the doctor to have him look at you like a deer in headlights as you explain to him the obvious correlation between drinking tea and vomiting. Please, this is a great excuse to rush off to the doctor and perpetuate one of the many reasons we all suffer from jacked up healthcare costs.

Heck, let's take it a step further... Go to the Emergency Room.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

The doctor is in.
    Schulz+Lucy+Doctor+Is+In.gif
  • DebRHCP
    DebRHCP Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Drinking tea on an empty stomach almost always makes me feel like I have to throw up.
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Well, when I WAS pregnant and having morning sickness, the best way to keep it at bay was to grab a saltine and let it practically melt in my mouth. I was most nauseous on an empty stomach. A little bit of food, eaten often, was the solution.

And, yeah, I would lose the tea. I am not a dr etc.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Do you take a multivitamin in the morning? I had the same issue when I was eating a light breakfast (banana and coffee) and taking my vitamin. My body just needed more food to keep it down.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    If it's only when you drink the tea, and shortly after drinking it, I would guess that it is the tea. Try cutting it out of your diet completely and seeing if there is improvement.
  • krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to put anything in my body first thing in the morning. Now after a 60+ pound loss, I can't. I have to be careful about what I eat first thing: starch and protein only. Coffee and vitamins now have to wait until mid-morning. So, yeah, I agree with everyone else: stop drinking tea on an empty stomach. And if that doesn't help, go see a doctor.
  • EmmaleeStrange
    Options
    I'm an avid tea drinker (mostly green) and specific types of tea I've found, make me nauseous in the mornings. It passes - which is great... but drinking tea on an empty stomach (primarily green, white or oolong) tends to make people nauseous in the mornings. It's quite common!! My boyfriend is one of many who can't consume hot tea on an empty stomach. Hopefully this helps!!