Pasta with Sauteed Shrimp & Veggies

Options
khollyk
khollyk Posts: 150 Member
I based this recipe off of this (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/08/spaghetti-with-sauteed-chicken-and.html) from SkinnyTaste. However, I changed it up by using less pasta and adding more veggies. This stuff TASTES just absolutely amazing! I was not expecting to love it as much as I did! So without further ado......

Nutrition Facts:

4 servings @ 281 calories apiece.

Ingredients:

41/50 Shrimp from the Seafood Counter - 8 oz.
EVOO - 2 TBSP
Ronzoni Smart Taste Thin Spaghetti - 6 oz.
Baby Bella Mushrooms - I used about 4 or 5 sliced thin. I'll add more next time though.
Fresh Baby Spinach - About 2 or 3 big handfuls. I tore it up a little as I put it into the pan too.
Grape Tomatoes - About 8, sliced into thirds.
Red Bell Pepper - chopped
Sweet Vidalia Onion - I had a pretty small one and chopped it up.
Minced Garlic - I used about 2 teaspoons. Add more or less to your liking.
Lemon Juice - About 4 tsp's. Or more or less if you so desire.
Dried Basil - Probably 1 or 2 tsp's
Crazy Jane's Mixed Up Salt - To taste.
Fresh Black Pepper - To Taste.
Freshly Ground Sea Salt - To taste.

Steps:

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for your pasta and chop up all of your veggies.

2. Heat a large skillet on high heat. When hot, spray with oil and add shrimp. Season with Crazy Jane's, Basil & a squirt of lemon juice. Cook about 2 minutes then remove and set aside.

3. By now you'll probably need to add your pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.

4. Leave the pan as is and add a tablespoon or so of EVOO. Give it a minute to heat up, then throw in your garlic, chopped onion, tomatoes and red pepper. When they're looking about done, throw in the mushrooms. After the mushrooms are done, add in your spinach and mix around.

5. When your pasta is done and drained, put it on top of the spinach, along with a drizzle of EVOO and some extra dashes of Crazy Jane's and basil. The hot pasta will help your spinach to wilt up. Toss the noodles around all that veggie goodness, then taste. This was the point where I added another squirt of lemon juice, as well as the sea salt and pepper.

6. Throw your shrimp back in and mix around a bit. If pasta seems too dry, add some of the reserved pasta water, although I didn't need it.

Now you're ready to eat! I topped mine with a little feta that I happened to see in my fridge. It was SO good and went great with the dish. If you don't have feta, go get some! But if you don't want to....then top with some parmesan, or no cheese at all. Either way would be delicious, I'm sure.

I didn't think about posting this (or taking a picture) until after I devoured my dinner. So I don't have a pretty picture, but here's a picture of my furbaby admiring my leftovers.

124xx5t.jpg

Replies