UK - Lunch Ideas

Options
xXmimiXx
xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
Hi Everyone!

I'm doing my weekly lunch shop at Tesco this lunchtime and I was wondering what ideas anyone had for a healthy filling lunch? I'm getting a little bored of Baxter's Healthy Soups and my spinach sandwiches but no idea what else to get!!!!

Thanking you :-)

M x

Replies

• galoot
    galoot Posts: 17
    Options
    How about Dairylea or Extra Light Philadelphia with Celery in a Pita or low fat bread?

or Salad Pita breads with a fat free yoghurt with mint dressing?

Or jacket potatoes with tuna?

Tuna sandwich or pita?

Pasta Salads?

Spicy rice with peas?
  • melch
    melch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been having seasame ryvitas and making them into a sandwich with loads of salad - the crunch makes me think I am having a bag of crisps - sad I know but its working :o) happy shopping
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    I tend to feel sluggish after lunch, so I focus more on soups and salads than sandwiches. At the moment I'm bringing a salad made from rocket, tomatoes, and sweet peppers dressed with a tiny bit (like 1/2 teaspoon) of really good/strong olive oil and a drop of balsamic, salt and pepper, and then topped with chicken. If I can afford it I get pre-roasted chicken (Waitrose makes really nice ones in 200g packs which I get 2 lunches out of - lemon & herb, pesto, tandoori, etc) if I can't afford the pre-roasted ones I just poach some chicken fillets and toss them in a small bit of sweet chili sauce at the beginning of the week and chuck them in the freezer!

In soup weather I make my own a lot and I have an amazing recipe that's virtually fat free for spicy sweet potato soup - I'll dig out the recipe and post it later if anyone is interested....
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    yum yum sweet potato soup! thanks everyone! i think i might buy some spuds and make my own jackets at work!
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i love marks and spencer side salad and there 3bean salad in a mint vinegrette around 250 calorie sreally filling and yummy
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm never really hungry at lunch time, mainly because I have a bowl of porridge at half 10, so soup or a big fruit salad usually does the trick :smile:

A banana, some strawberries and a peach in a bowl with some mullerlight vanilla yogurt over the top :heart: