Is this excercise or ?

Options
Hello So every day I do an average of about 13000 steps and that burns about 600 calories now does this count as excercise calories ? Or is it not taken into account . x

Replies

• barefootbeautiful
    Options
    Is it all at once? Or more than normal? If it's just walking around the office and around at home, I generally don't take into account the "normal daily activity" stuff.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    This should be taken into account by your activity level, unless you are doing a portion of that for a workout.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Most of it would fall under normal daily activity even at sedentary. If you are set to active or lightly active probably all of it would. If you are set to sedentary you could probably log 1/3 (or so) of those as exercise. But if you do that every day it might be better to just adjust your setting to lightly active.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Is this a workout?

Or are you literally counting your steps throughout the day?
  • Goldie_13
    Goldie_13 Posts: 71
    Options
    Is this a workout?

Or are you literally counting your steps throughout the day?

She could have a pedometer.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    This should be taken into account by your activity level, unless you are doing a portion of that for a workout.
    Agreed
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    13,000 isn't that much over a full day. If it was a brisk walk all at once then it would be exercise. If it's little bits throughout the day then no.
  • JohnMessmer
    JohnMessmer Posts: 536
    Options
    I go the other way, I set my info to sedentary and then count everything...all 13,000 of those steps.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I go the other way, I set my info to sedentary and then count everything...all 13,000 of those steps.

Sedentery still includes some e excise- it's not your BMR. When I linked my Fitbit and was set to suede terry, I had to do 5000 steps before it counted anything e tra so I'd on,y add the extra 8000 steps