weird beige seed looking things in smoothies

Options
2»

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    they look like raspberry seeds...why have i never noticed these before. i clearly never ever chew my food! in the event that the contamination grows, i will take a picture, there are soooo many of them compared to amount of berries i put in. And my blender is clean as can be, wash it right after each use.

one raspberry contains many seeds
  • WoWkat
    WoWkat Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Smoothie today is just spinach, frozen raspberries and blueberries, pineapple, and applesauce

The definition of fruit is "The sweet and fleshy product of a tree or other plant that contains seed and can be eaten as food."

Everything that you listed, minus the spinach, has seeds (although I would be dissapointed if I purchased applesauce that had seeds in it).
  • blondemom1979
    blondemom1979 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Pineapple seeds look like small apple seeds.

^ this was what I was going to say, likely pineapple seeds :D
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

Smoothie today is just spinach, frozen raspberries and blueberries, pineapple, and applesauce

The definition of fruit is "The sweet and fleshy product of a tree or other plant that contains seed and can be eaten as food."

Everything that you listed, minus the spinach, has seeds (although I would be dissapointed if I purchased applesauce that had seeds in it).

I know all fruit has seeds...I just didn't think raspberries sold with the seeds, I have literally never noticed them while eating fresh berries (and for the smart guys, i froze them myself).
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

I know all fruit has seeds...I just didn't think raspberries sold with the seeds, I have literally never noticed them while eating fresh berries (and for the smart guys, i froze them myself).

Seeds can't be removed from raspberries without smashing the fruit and straining the seeds out.
  • clairesky3
    clairesky3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Why don't you do blend every individual ingredient separately? That way you can pin point exactly where they are coming from!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Raspberries have a ton of seeds. That's why I don't put them in my smoothies.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Every little bump on a raspberry has a seed in it.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    They are most likely the seeds from your fruits as others have suggested. Even using a Vita Mix, which has a very high RPM motor and will pulverize foods, it is difficult to completely pulverize the seeds from berries--strawberries, reaspberries and blackberries, especially. My husband won't eat these fruits because of the seeds. When you eat them, the seeds stick in your teeth--when you blend them the seeds float in your smoothie. You could try straining your smoothie through a sieve before drinking it.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with maggots? Those are good sources of protein.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Every little bump on a raspberry has a seed in it.

BUMP
  • ZHawk1123
    ZHawk1123 Posts: 215
    Options
    Its from the raspberries yo... You're welcome.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Raspberries have seeds, blueberries have seeds. Raspberry seeds are actually quite large and the reason I don't put them in smoothies.

ditto....tons of lil seeds in those *kitten*
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    put one on the counter and leave for 5 minutes.

if you come back and it has moved, then it means it can crawl and is, in fact, a maggot.

or it could also be very tiny clams, which can also move, but not crawl.

clam-full-a.gif
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    It could be bug poopies. Don't eat bug poopies. Unless you like bug poopies, then go ahead. Eat the bug poopies. Who am I to judge?
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    they look like raspberry seeds...why have i never noticed these before. i clearly never ever chew my food! in the event that the contamination grows, i will take a picture, there are soooo many of them compared to amount of berries i put in. And my blender is clean as can be, wash it right after each use.

one raspberry contains many seeds

Seconding this response.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    thank you for your help!!
  • blondemom1979
    blondemom1979 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Why don't you do blend every individual ingredient separately? That way you can pin point exactly where they are coming from!

^^^^ omg sheer genius! Amazing suggestion! :noway: