100 Pounds! - Actually 101 :) - But now what?

Options
Umpire57
Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
I am really excited that I reached a big goal marker and originally one of the big goals I set for myself which is to have lost 100 pounds but now that I am there I struggle to set other goals. I look and see what I need to do but to actually try and put a number on it is difficult. When others ask "What are you trying to get to?" I now always answer "I am going to just keep doing what I am doing and let my body figure itself out" I hope that is enough as I have always been one to set high goals for myself and now I really don't have a goal I can assign a number to but rather one that is mental.

In any case I am going to enjoy the fact that I can now say when asked how much have you lost...100 Pounds!

Replies

• txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Just keep working it and the numbers will come to you. You might want to make your new goals like lose inches instead of Weight.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Aewsome! Congratulations
  • skerjenn
    skerjenn Posts: 7
    Options
    AMAZING!
  • bevdc
    bevdc Posts: 18
    Options
    :happy: Congratulations! Celebrate:bigsmile: Sometimes setting a weelkly or monthly goal just to stay at a goal weight maintaince range is good to do. Also inches lost goals, more exercise, etc.,, But again, what an accomplishment, you should be very proud!:smile:
  • DeborahWinifred
    Options
    Wow thats pretty great, and its good that realize its not about the numbers, its about being healthy.

Now what you ask....now you can get active and enjoy a life without dragging an extra hundred pounds around with you. Way to go.
  • cerdmann
    cerdmann Posts: 60
    Options
    How awesome! You've achieved so much already! You should be very proud of yourself. I love the new goal of continuing on the same path and letting your body decide. Just call this your healthy lifestyle goal and keep of the great work!
  • ljluv
    ljluv Posts: 1
    Options
    Congratulations! How long did it take for you to lose 100 pounds? Keep up the great work! :)
  • Anely05
    Anely05 Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow congratulations! How did you do it?! I need to say that I've lost 100 pounds too!!! You should be very proud of yourself! As far as...NOW WHAT?...what are you passionate about? Set a new goal...maybe you've thought of running a marathon or something...work on that...dont settle and reach new heights!!! Again Congrats and good luck on continuing your journey!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!

Maybe set a fitness goal rather than a weight goal....learn to swim, run a 5k or Half, or Full Marathon, Bike 300 miles by......,

just some ideas!
  • Umpire57
    Options
    I started at the end of July, First of August 2009. I joined here in February and back logged my weekly weights that I kept in a spreadsheet.

Thanks for all the comments.

I will state one goal I thought of earlier today.

Today is my youngest daughter's 16th birthday. On her 17th birthday, I will weigh less than I do today!
  • Richelle73
    Richelle73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing job! When you entered your BMI what did it say that your average weight should be. I found on the internet another BMI calculator. It gave the BMI for fast weight lose which is the calories that this sight gave me as my goal. But it also gave a BMI for maintaining. I think if you are happy where you are then figure out what is the best way to maintain. Only you know were you want to be. You could shoot for less or just maintain. Congratulations!
  • Umpire57
    Options
    Actually I have thought about using BMI as a gauge but with my build I honestly think I would look goofy and possibly unhealthy at "healthy" but I would like to get it to where it does not say I am still obese :)

The top end of "overweight" would get me down to 221 which is what I have mentally put as my new goal weight. I hate for any measure to still have me at "obese"

BTW: The one time in my life I was in the 220s I was not a teenager yet :)
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Well you look amazing! You've accomplished a huge goal!!! Keep up all the hard work! :wink:
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    Great job!
  • bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should now concentrate on fitness rather than weight loss - something like I will run 5K in six weeks time
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Amazing - keep it going :happy:

Re: BMI - I must admit 20 - 25 as a healthy range is a good guide but you do need to take your build into consideration. Muscular builds (including some elite athletes) can be over 25 and still be very healthy!

I plan on keeping going until the bits that I don't want to wobble no longer do so :laugh: and I can fit into clothes without having to worry about bits of me bulging out. At only 5'1" I find that every extra lb shows.

I see you are not far off your next goal of 221 so good luck with that - I'm sure you'll get there really soon.

Next goal would have to be 199lbs - I cannot imagine what it would feel like to not be in the 200's but that seems to me to be cause for a massive celebration!

The fitness goals that others have suggested sound great too. I would just be happy to keep up with my son (@ 9 months!)
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is fantastic and you must be so proud! I have 16 lbs till I hit 100 and I can't wait!
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    Congratulations. You've achieved a lot. :flowerforyou:

There are 2 women on a thread I love (It's for Women 50+ so I'm afraid you don't qualify!). But you might be interested in what they've done. Both have lost all the weight they wanted to (over a year now) but still actively participate in MFP. It helps them and inspires the rest of us. One has lost 70 lbs. She is active with line dancing, yoga, etc. The other has lost more than 100 lbs and competes in triathlons!

I've lost more than 100 lbs before and gained it all back and then some. I recently hit 100 lbs down from my highest weight (from 9 years ago) and am 46 lbs down since January. I'd say your first goal should be maintaining (or continuing to lose at a slower pace). That's even more important than losing. It doesn't have the glamor that losing has, and we don't have people coming up to us every week saying "Wow, you look incredible!" But it's what will keep us feeling good for the long term.

Good luck. I have a feeling you'll do well. Your head and heart seem to be in the right place!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!