Do people give you a hard time abt tracking your food?

Options
13»

Replies

• JacquelineEllen
    JacquelineEllen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had people give me a hard time at first but they all quickly stopped once they saw how successful I have been. As long as you see success and logging works for you don't worry about the "haterz" haha
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i just wait until i get home to track, i dont use my phone, that way it doesnt look or feel so obsessive
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Some people think I'm crazy, but I don't care. Most of them have tried and failed at losing weight and I'm almost 50 lbs down.
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My husband eye rolled at the beginning but now that I have lost a significant amount of weight he is not rolling them any more. If it is just a fad thing then I get why they would find it irritating..but frankly I am in the 'new convert' stage where I know I AM boring about calories, logging and how great I think MFP is - so if people get bored I feel their pain...but won't stop saying how great it is...it works and it is free!
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    No one realizes I'm doing it in my house, whether it's from my phone or from my computer. We were eating at Red Robin the other night and my son saw me messing with my phone and assumed I was answering a text message. LOL
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't log in front of them since I don't have a cell phone app. People don't give me a hard time if I tell them I'm eating at maintenance (which I am). If I'm trying to lose weight because I've gained five pounds, they give me a hard time and act like it's an eating disorder.
  • JaimieAG
    JaimieAG Posts: 48
    Options
    Great responses.

Hey I'm with you... if it aint broke don't fix it. It clearly works. There are some impressive tickers here.

Congrats to everyone on their progress.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My mom is more of a "just enjoy the brownie" kind of person so she thinks logging is all about restriction, when I see it as giving myself more options.
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has never given me trouble/snide remarks about logging - and if he cooks alone (without me) he will also ask 'do you want me to weigh this?'

We actually house share with my mom so I log a lot around my mom, but she has never made a comment or made remarks. I think I haven gotten good at doing it discretely. We live 300 miles from most our family so when they visit and we cook a large meal, as I am serving out the food (I do a lot of the cooking) I will have my phone with me at all times and I can log as I dish it out. I've never had anyone ask what I am doing (they must think I am just checking facebook whilst serving broccoli) LOL.

All my family know however that I have gotten so serious about my health and fitness that I think they just leave me to it.

Oh and I do believe in non log days, so I will have days where I won't log a thing. What I do works for me, thats all that matters.