Hey ladies. Is it just me or exercise during PMS is tough?

Options
Does anyone else find it difficult to run especially, during PMS?

Replies

• Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    It's tough, but I always feel better after.
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    it's motivation that's lacking on time of the month with me u___u
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Nope. You're the only special snowflake that this happens too.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    It's just you. You're a special snowflake.

Yay! Snowflakes!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I don't find it tough but I find myself more agitated when I work out, more swears being mutter under my breath and feeling like throwing my weights to the ground like a touch down before saying something like "BOOYA!" or the like.
  • Smash323
    Smash323 Posts: 16
    Options
    Someone on my friends feed asked that question yesterday! Sometimes when I have PMS, I feel like I'm slogging through my day and everything seems tougher!
  • bdburch
    bdburch Posts: 127
    Options
    it's motivation that's lacking on time of the month with me u___u

This ^^

But I find that ab workouts feel good, espically the stretches afterwards to help with cramps.
    Also, some kickboxing helps to get some of your anger out if you are a moody girl.
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The only PMS symptom I have is bloating. I almost never have cramps. It's just that when I run I feel like I am a ton heavier and I just can't jump on the treadmill like I'd usually do.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    only took the 3rd reply for a *****y response. congrats mfp, new record :flowerforyou:

anyway...i find im more motivated? possibly cos i feel all bloated and nasty
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think it is harder to find motivation to actually get to the gym but it always makes me feel better afterwards (especially if I have cramps or bloating)
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    only took the 3rd reply for a *****y response. congrats mfp, new record :flowerforyou:

anyway...i find im more motivated? possibly cos i feel all bloated and nasty

That is such a Snowflake thing to say.
  • nicolamoonbrains
    nicolamoonbrains Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I struggle when I am on my period but mine are very heavy and painful! I find doing yoga though makes me feel a million times better. I have done yoga many times with painful periods and by the end the pain is gone! Then I do a more vigorous workout but I tend not to bust my balls as much when I am on my period =P
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I find it harder during my period. I feel gross and am exhausted. Sometimes I can't even run a mile.
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I find it tough. It's hard to get started once I push through and just keep running the next mile or two are easy. I feel much better and less bloated after though!!
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    no its not just you. I have the same issue as well. I do the best I can do.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    its just you, no troubles here
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Opposite for me actually. Working out prevents my cramps.
  • laurenrenee1025
    Options
    I think the getting started part is much harder with pms!!! But yes, I feel much better after!!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    It doesn't always make me feel better. Sometimes it will make my cramping worse :(
  • anon189
    anon189 Posts: 42
    Options
    I have terrible fatigue during that time. Like, so bad that when I am normally the lightest sleeper on the planet that I can even hear my kiddo crying at night. It seriously just knocks me out. So yeah, it's hard for me during that time because even when I get started in an exercise I feel like I've been hit by a truck.