The Movies

Options
I am planning on seeing OZ The Great and Powerful at the Midnight showing this Thursday night/Friday Morning. I am still at a loss as to what to smuggle in. Heaven knows because of Lent that axes out all of the snack bar. I like lent, even on my TOPS group cheat day, I cannot cheat that bad besides over eat on carbs. I am thinking about dried fruit, which I have been eating, and finger veggies. And maybe some dark choclate prunes. By the way I am not a Chatolic. I am trying the no Milk Choclate rule for lent. Dark isn't milk.

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I usually take protein bars for my hubby. The AMC theatre here has a "healthy" pack that is Popcorners chips, an Odawalla (sp?) bar and dried fruit. It's still upwards of 400 calories for a snack, when it's all said and done, but it's not butter laden popcorn. I am dreading going to the theater because my husband usually has a "cheat" and gets some popcorn (he's low carb, no other restrictions), and it's soooooo hard for me to pass up. And, right now, I'm trying to stay low and get the last bit of holiday fat off! Just take things in that will fit in your purse/pocket/whatever it is you carry, whatever you think wlil help any snacky cravings.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    vodka
  • samantha_ashley
    samantha_ashley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    the last time i went, i snuck in sliced apples, a little juicebox thing of chocolate almond milk, and a bottle of water. the sliced apples were great, because i could mindlessly chew on them the whole movie. the almond milk gave me my chocolate fix. and the water was just because i'm a hydration fiend :)
  • rosikinslovesyou
    Options
    It'll sound crazy, but I always take a 30 gram serving of dry cheerios with me, it's 112 calories with very little fat and a small amount of sugar, it lasts a while too! :)
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I made my own popcorn when I went to the movies this past weekend: 2 tbsp of coconut oil and 60 grams of unpopped popcorn.. comes out to around 400 calories and it's a LOT of popcorn. I carry a big purse lol.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    This may be way off base but how long is a movie? You can't sit that long without eating something?
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    This may be way off base but how long is a movie? You can't sit that long without eating something?

I don't think it's the fact that the OP is a gluttonous PIG. It's enjoyable to sit, watch a movie and have something to munch on. They're just asking for ideas.

I normally pop my own popcorn and put it in ziplock baggies. If I want something sweet I take in hard candies like peppermints or those hard coffee candies. I normally will take a bottle of water / cyrstal light, too.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    a bag of baby carrots or unsalted nuts. But the nuts are high ish in calories. But you know it's healthy calories at least.

I used to always sneak in flavored water but I have since learned that if i want to finish the movie without having to get up and miss something I shouldn't bring a drink lol.

I have also brought in salt and vinegar chips. The acidity stops me from being able to eat more than a few and they're soooo good.
  • dodgersprincess
    Options
    I think it is close to 2 hours.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    The hubby and I did the AMC Oscar Showcase two weekends in a row. Four movies on Saturday and five movies the next.

Here's what I brought for myself each week:
    1 Nutrition bar with close to 40/30/30 macros for breakfast
    1 28g serving of Snyder's Mini Pretzel Twists
    1 bag of Earthbound farms Apple Crunchers
    2oz of Trader Joe's Teriyaki Beef Jerky (the second week only)
    3 24oz bottles of water

I only ate between movies though. And we had a dinner break allowed each week, during which I ate at the Subway in the food court and had some Mrs. Fields Nibblers Cookies.

When I just go see one movie, I just bring a bottle of water.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I decided to break the habit of eating while watching a film, there's really no need.