Turned down a cheeseburger

Options
Amandac6772
Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
My girlfriend offered to take me out to my favorite cheeseburger place for my birthday and I turned her down. I think I hurt her feelings. My husband already has cake planned for after supper (I've allowed for that in my calories) for my birthday so it's either cake or burger. What od you do in these situations?

Amanda

Replies

• ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I would explain to your friend that you don't mean to hurt her feelings but that you don't eat cheeseburgers at this time/anymore...let her know you still want to go out and maybe plan a different more healthy food outing together. As long as she knows yoru goals and lifestyle changes she should understand this and not hold it against you.
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    Explain to her your situation, and then offere to go some where else (maybe subway or a diner where you have a lot more options)
    Dieting is hard when your friends are not on board. Good luck!
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I think you did exactly the right thing. You have already planned your meals/cals for the day to include a treat for your birthday. If she's really your friend, she will encourage you to get healthy and lose the weight. You could do something together that does not include food - shopping, or getting a mani/pedi together?
  • Richelle73
    Richelle73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Way to go at being dedicated to yourself and making a good choice. Remember you can still celebrate with your friend, just make a different choice - you could have a salad instead of that burger. I feel that this isn't a diet but about making new choices, just as you are doing. If you don't feel that you have the self control to be in that burger place and just have a salad, then you made even a better choice to not put yourself in that tempting situation. Invite your friend over for cake! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Way to go to stick to your plan!!!
  • babygirl2010
    Options
    I think that is great hon!! I do that all the time! you can indulge but dont go over board!!!

congrats :)