Hello, new here and need help!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Tyler!
Just joined today and downloaded the app! I am looking to lose some weight. I do p90x everyday and I work as a custodian (so I am on my feet a lot) I was wondering where do I get started on a calorie deficit diet?

Replies

• balmazon
    balmazon Posts: 3
    Options
    MFP should ask you some questions to decide how many calories you should consume to lose the weight you set per week that you want to lose. I have lost 11 already. I am very small so 1,200 cals a day is what I need to survive basically. Those calories keep my body functioning and strong and all the working out I do makes my body eat up stored fat causing loss! So whatever this told you is your calorie intake is what you should make sure you consume per day. It will "give back" calories that you burnt off from working out but rarely do I eat those back because then whats the point? Remember muscle burns fat and weighs more. Make sure you take good measurements and progress photos because the scale will make you crazy. I only weigh in twice a month. Hope this helps you at least some.
  • TylerTrott
    Options
    Thank you so much, I filled out all the profile Questions. Is that what you were talking about
    MFP should ask you some questions to decide how many calories you should consume to lose the weight you set per week that you want to lose. I have lost 11 already. I am very small so 1,200 cals a day is what I need to survive basically. Those calories keep my body functioning and strong and all the working out I do makes my body eat up stored fat causing loss! So whatever this told you is your calorie intake is what you should make sure you consume per day. It will "give back" calories that you burnt off from working out but rarely do I eat those back because then whats the point? Remember muscle burns fat and weighs more. Make sure you take good measurements and progress photos because the scale will make you crazy. I only weigh in twice a month. Hope this helps you at least some.
  • balmazon
    balmazon Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes indeed. Good luck!