MFP and going too far?

Options
I've been logging in to MFP for a few months and have really enjoyed the education it's given me and the motivation that I get from the online community, but can MFP be taken too far? I was recently at a restaurant and the lady sitting down from me was a MFP user, I know this because she was basically yelling about it in the restaurant. I overheard her ask the waiter if “they were on this” he said "on what" she then jabs her phone at him and says “my fitness pal! Your restaurant isn’t on here.” He was very polite and agreed with her, I am certain that he had no idea what MFP was and that he just wanted to move on. The lady continued to badger him about the restaurants high calorie foods and basically made herself seem like an crazy person.

I know most people aren’t like that, at least most of the people I know on MFP. I just wanted to write this post as a reminder that not everyone is watching what they eat, and your poor waiter or waitress isn’t the person putting those high calorie items on the menu, so leave them out of it. The best way to avoid high calorie foods is not to eat out, or look up the menu to the restaurant you are thinking about going to and make an educated decision before you go. I worked in a restaurant for many years and there was always a way to help people out with their dietary restrictions, however I never appreciated anyone being smug or rude about it. Just be calm, be educated and don’t hassle the help.

Replies

• jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    We need a new mascot.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put a bet that, that day was her first day on MFP.
    Any other takers?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put a bet that, that day was her first day on MFP.
    Any other takers?

I'd put money on it. Yikes.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    She sounds like an absolute joy to be around.

I suspect MFP has nothing to do with that. If it hadn't been that it would have been something else.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I bet she called him a bully and a mean, sabotaging *kitten*, too.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    She sounds like an absolute joy to be around.

I suspect MFP has nothing to do with that. If it hadn't been that it would have been something else.

This.

Has nothing to do with MFP, has everything to do with needing a personality adjustment.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Hahaha this is hilarious!

It's no wonder restaurants often have signs that say "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason".
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Maybe it wasn't MFP at all, and she's just an egocentric nutjob. I bet she's like that about everything.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    That restaurant tried to sabotage her. No wonder she reacted in a perfectly reasonable way.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    honeybadger don't care. She thinks everyone should be on MFP haha
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    We need a new mascot.

how about this?

angry-restaurant-customer.jpg
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    We need a new mascot.

how about this?

or this?

angry_customer_complaining_to_chef_in_restaurant_BLD091592.jpg
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    We need a new mascot.

how about this?

or this?

angry_customer_complaining_to_chef_in_restaurant_BLD091592.jpg

but i like this one the most... :bigsmile:

Jessica-Alba-Hot-Photo-12.jpg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    LOL I once had some wench come into my restaurant and tell me the menu items were just "serving suggestions" and that she looked at the menu as a list of ingredients to combine as she wished and the chef would just have to accomodate her. She said that WW suggested people look at it that way. I almost asked her if WW also taught you to be a self righteous, obnoxious cow, too.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Maybe her calories were set too low and she was starving and therefore grumpy?
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I went out to dinner tonight and before I even left the house I looked up the menu on line, checked all the calories before hand and knew exactly what I was going to order when I got there. Shame on her for acting like a fool. Some people!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Maybe her calories were set too low and she was starving and therefore grumpy?

This was my first thought.
  • shaelgreene
    Options
    I would have told her to put a sock in it and order some sort of fish. xD Fish seems to be pretty low in calories as long as it isn't marinated in a bunch of high calorie sauce. Fish is one of my favorite dishes anyways, so it's what I order whenever I go out to eat anyways.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    hangry, and already a weirdo before even starting MFP. she would have been demanding to know points if she were doing that other thing or ranting about carbs if on another. just a nutso.

ETA: i can't type to save my life.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I almost asked her if WW also taught you to be a self righteous, obnoxious cow, too.

I had a friend on WW once, and I think they do have to take classes in being self righteous, obnoxious cows. It costs extra, but apparently works