$1,000...

Options

Replies

• emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Definitely the road bike! You'll have so much fun with it and burn calories!

This is definitely high on the list of possibilities. I just hate the idea of not being able to use it all winter as I live in Massachusetts.
  • Raoh52
    Raoh52 Posts: 3
    Options
    Find a place that gives out race car driving lessons, and then take some. Usually it's a day or two, and a few hundred dollars. This will be fun, and a very unique experience. Humans also tend to look back on experiences with more joy, than owning objects. So instead of buying an object, buy an experience! :D
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    An 8 ball of cocaine and two jello wrestling hookers.

Are you my brother from another mother? *high five*

No, but I could be your sister from another mister. :wink:
  • emtjmac
    Options
    Find a place that gives out race car driving lessons, and then take some. Usually it's a day or two, and a few hundred dollars. This will be fun, and a very unique experience. Humans also tend to look back on experiences with more joy, than owning objects. So instead of buying an object, buy an experience! :D

Is there any chance that it could turn out that I'm a naturally talented driver who parlay's a couple of racing lessons into a career in Nascar that people really sink their teeth into because doing something like that at my age is a great human interest story?
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    make a man cave.

^ THIS
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    power rack, olympic bar and weights, bench. done.

And lube, for when you fall in love with your fine self. (Taso forget about the excitement part...)

THIS! The equipment! And lube LOL
  • Raoh52
    Raoh52 Posts: 3
    Options

Is there any chance that it could turn out that I'm a naturally talented driver who parlay's a couple of racing lessons into a career in Nascar that people really sink their teeth into because doing something like that at my age is a great human interest story?

Anything is possible! But I want to do it, and I might do it with my tax return. It's something you can't just go and do everyday.
  • emtjmac
    Options

Anything is possible! But I want to do it, and I might do it with my tax return. It's something you can't just go and do everyday.

SHAKE N BAKE
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Well, here is the boring answer: Either pay off/down a bill or put it into savings. That's what I'd do, but then... I'm a bit of a worry wart.:ohwell:
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Get the gaming pc.It's at the top of your list so it must be what you want the most.

The rest of your life is sad and desperate so get this one lousy thing that makes you happy.

I hope you get a warm shower soon.:flowerforyou:
  • avababy05
    Options

I don't think he has enough for all of that.
  • emtjmac
    Options
    Well, here is the boring answer: Either pay off/down a bill or put it into savings. That's what I'd do, but then... I'm a bit of a worry wart.:ohwell:

We already paid off all our debt (except the car) and put the rest into savings. Trust me, I wouldn't be getting the play money if we didn't have a lot of overage.
  • emtjmac
    Options

I don't think he has enough for all of that.

She didn't say they had to be high-end hookers...
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

I have four kids and my oldest is 5 and in 6 years I'll be 40.

Vasectomy
  • avababy05
    Options

I have four kids and my oldest is 5 and in 6 years I'll be 40.

Vasectomy

That's harsh
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Share it! Put a down payment on a tent trailer so you can enjoy the great outdoors camping, hiking, biking, sight seeing, beach walking (all outdoor fitness stuff) with your family!

GO create memories!
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Invest it, or put it into a savings account for your children's education.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I'd use it to go to an intense gym that has Olympic weights and padded flooring. I don't like working out in a tiny gym and people look at you weird if you do a deadlift. I do them quietly even without dropping the weight and everyone probably thinks I'm trying too hard.
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    put it in the bank and save it for a rainy day. you're too old for games. you don't need the pizzas. (none of us do). don't just blow it. spend it wisely or save it! you never know when you're going to have to replace 20 ft of drain pipe in your front yard!!! i'm not bitter or anything. lol
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    I agree with the man cave idea. Somewhere you can chill on your own or with mates. You could pick up some 2nd hand gym or gaming stuff and just have a place for you so when you smell from lack of shower nobody will notce :P

Wish I coud give my hubby $1000 to spend on himself :)