my weight, an on going struggle, support is so important

Options
My weight has been an issue for for about 13 years. As the years go by and I tell myself I will lose weight, might lose 5-10 here and there, but overall gained 40 lbs over the past 6 years. Just writing that makes me scared for my future. I am a food addict and I own this, just not sure how to dew to live with it in a healthy way. I am doing g something new for me....I am looking for support and here to give support from people I don't know that can relate to this struggle.

Replies

• randimarie1125
    randimarie1125 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    you can do it and MFP is so much help!! there are so many inspiring people on here : )
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You're taking a first step, that's a good thing!

There is a lot of support and good ideas here.

Feel free to add if you like.

Good Luck!
  • beccalyse
    beccalyse Posts: 21
    Options
    I found that changing my mantra made a huge difference. One day, I decided that I was the kind of person who watched what she ate and exercised regularly. Instead of WANTING it, I just changed my point of view.

It sounds like such a little thing, but after a couple of days of reminding myself who I was, I found I didn't need to remind myself anymore. When someone offers me a food or beverage outside of my plan, I remember that I'm the kind of person who cares about what I eat.

Feel free to add me. I'll offer any support I can. : )
  • gemkat13
    gemkat13 Posts: 60
    Options
    Add me if you like. I'm new to this and need support also.
  • gates49512
    gates49512 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, I hear ya, I hear ya....

I have struggled with my weight all my life. I am fairly new here myself. I decided to join MFP to get and give support when I realized that I need to stop worrying about dieting and concentrate on getting healthier. I understand the struggles, but I hope you will be encouraged here.

Feel free to add me if you would like to. You CAN do this.

-g
  • gates49512
    gates49512 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great advice Becca....